Tracy's Nest

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Continuation to MY BIRTHDAY


Yesterday should mark the happiest birthday I ever had so far. As early as 12.05 a.m. (7th December), my very long time fren (Elaine) sent an sms message to wish me Happy Birthday. No wonder she’s still my long time good fren.

After dat, I requested Destinee to sing me the birthday song (she was still up) and it went like this “Happy Birthday to U, Happy Birthday to U, Happy Birthday to Yau Yau (her name in Cantonese) *paused* and glanced at me and said *oops, soli, mommy* and continued singing Happy Birthday to Mommy, Happy Birthday to U”. Hee, hee, so sweet of her.

At about 9.00 a.m. went to the Immigration Office in Kajang with hubby, Destinee and maid to collect our Passports. On the way to the Imm. Office, my sister called me from Hong Kong to wish me Happy Birthday. So happy to receive the call from her. Sis, thank you so much for the ‘unexpected present’ – I love it so much (sorry people, dat’s a secret between my sis and me).

At the Imm. Office, we were lucky to find dat there were not so many people. Straight away, we went to the No. Giliran counter to get our numbers. Waited for about ½ an hour for our turns. Finally, we had our Passports collected.

After sending Destinee and maid back home, I reached office at about 11.30 a.m. I was supposed to be on leave yesterday but got no choice as there were a few urgent jobs which I had to finish.

In the office, I had so many wishes from my online buddies (mommies and chatters) too. Thank u so muchie, everyone of u. I started chatting on msn and Boss shook his head (I couldn’t be bothered – dat was the consequence he got to bear for not approving my leave!).

During lunch time, my eldest daughter (Elyss) came. We went to the King’s Confectionery and she bought me a lovely chocolate coating cake. Actually, I opted for a Black Forest or Fruit Cake but they were a bit too big, finally chose a ½ kilo chocolate coating cake instead.

After work, hubby and I went home to pick Destinee and maid and off we went to Restaurant East of Highway for my Birthday dinner. We had Shark’s Fin soup (those who have known me long enough will know dat this is a must dish for my birthday). Besides the Shark’s Fin soup, we had “Kong Nam Sang Meen”, “Hoi Mei Pou” (claypot seafood), “Lotus root fried with celery, fried sotong, black fungus, mushroom” (soli, I forgot the name of the dish) and fruits. Wow, we were so ‘kenyang’ until we had to ‘carry’ our tummies back.




Back home, Destinee was so excited (she’s always excited even the cake and candles are not meant for her) – the cake was on the table and she quickly climbed onto a chair and was facing cake. She was so ever-ready to sing the birthday song and to blow the candle. I put a candle on the cake and had it lighted (imagine if I were to put all the candles on the cake, I bet the cake would be filled with wax b4 I have time to blow them off, kekeke). After the birthday song was sung, and before I could blow the candle, it was oredi blown off by Destinee!

Well, dat was how I spent my birthday. Very simple, rite? Don’t expect any surprises from dat hubby of mine – he’s not the romantic type *sigh* but in a way, I felt contented.

9 Comments:

At Thu Dec 08, 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

It's simple and sweet, dear!

 
At Thu Dec 08, 04:50:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

order so many dishes, can finish all ka?
nice cake u hv le, looks yummy!
Destinee same with Wien, other people's birthday will be her birthday too, always blow the cake on our behalf!!

 
At Thu Dec 08, 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Annie: It was indeed simple. "Hou Kor Mou" lor hoh?

Rachel: Hee, hee, sometimes she can be very 'sweet' and sometimes can be very 'sour'. The cake was indeed very yummy.

Jess: We managed to finish the food but with a very full stomach. Ha, ha, ha, Destinee's asking Hi Five from Wien.

Michelle: Whenever Destinee's around, whoever's birthday is always Destinee's birthday (hee, hee). Thanks for dropping by. (psst, psst, I was waiting all this while).

 
At Thu Dec 08, 10:10:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

i find it kinda sweet and warm to be remembered by someone close on your birthday and to share the best moment with your loved ones.

 
At Fri Dec 09, 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Sue said...

hey... East of Highway Restaurant one of my hubby's customers lah hehhe... we sometimes go there too!

Was a nice birthday gathering la, no hassle ma :)

 
At Fri Dec 09, 10:02:00 AM, Blogger ZMM said...

Your eldest daugther is already making her own money to buy you a cake? :O

Wow..

That was a very nice birthday celebration in deed.

 
At Fri Dec 09, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Two little fellas's mom: Actually my hubby suggested we went for candlelight dinner (I kinda miss dat) but it was I who insisted to go home to pick my gal and maid ... so ... (no complaints)

Sue: Ei, so u must be familiar with dat place? Who knows one day we might meet up and have dinner there leh, hor?

Zara's mum: Yup, my eldest dotter is working and is earning money lor. Ya, in a way, it was a 'sweet' celebration for me.

 
At Thu Dec 15, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Yum Yum.. Ur cake looks so tasty. I just love chocolate cake.

 
At Fri Dec 16, 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sabrina: U bet the cake was yummy. Chocolate cake is one of my favourite too besides the Black Forest cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home