Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Destinee's version of "Egg Egg"

I was reading Jess’s blog about Wien asking about the ‘egg egg’ thing and made me recall.

Destinee has another version to the description of the egg egg.

One day, Destinee was watching my fren changing her son's diaper and she was curious and stared at my fren's son 'down there' and quickly ran to me and told me:

Des: “Mommy, mommy, Xian Xian (fren’s son’s name) got two small small ‘ball balls’”.

Mommy: *expected her to ask as I was observing her* “Oh, the two ‘ball balls’ belong to Xian Xian”.

Des: “Mommy, Yau Yau (Des’s name in Cantonese, always referring to herself as Yau Yau and still cannot remember to say I) want ball ball wor”.

Mommy: *Huh?* “Cannot, Yau Yau cannot have the ball balls, they belong to Xian Xian”.

Des: “Mommy, why Yau Yau doesn’t have ball ball”?

Mommy: “Yau Yau”, *at the same time, thinking fast of something* “Boys got ball balls, girls don’t have ball balls”.

Des: “Arr? Yau Yau no ball balls?”. *staring at me for a while* “Yau Yau got ‘pet pet’” *trying to pull her panty down to show me*

Mommy: *quickly pulled her panty up*. “Aiyo, shame, shame. Ya, ya, mommy knows Yau Yau got ‘pet pet’” (she knows about 'pet pet' when she was a little younger).

Des: *went to her box of 'chap pa lang' (mixed) toys and searched for her orange-coloured ping pong ball (once belonged to Pappy but treated as another toy for Des after Pappy got no ‘kaki’ to ‘challenge’ with) and showed it to me* “Nehh …. Yau Yau got one ball ball only wor, Mommy buy another ball ball for Yau Yau lor?”

Mommy: *not wanting to explain further between this ball ball and dat ball ball, I answered “Okay, okay, mommy will buy another ball ball for Yau Yau”.

Dat kept her quiet and she didn't question me further, I expected her to ask me about the 'thing' jutting between the two ball balls. My fren was laughing and I heaved with a ‘sigh’ and glared at my fren. (Fren, if u're reading this, I'll be glaring at u!)

A recent occasion happened when I was reading Egghead’s blog on ‘Playhouse Skywalker – Laundry Boy’ and Destinee was sitting on my lap. I played the Video Clip and Destinee was watching with interest (Egghead, u and ur 5-kap video clip of LS!!!). She started asking me:

Des: “What is dat boy boy doing?”

Mommy: “Boy boy is washing his own swimming trunk.”

Des: “Wah, the boy boy is so pandai (malay words all got from and taught by kakak) can wash his own seluar ar? Yau Yau oso want to wash Yau Yau’s 'katok' (Indon word for panty) wor”.

Des: *watching for a while* “What’s dat 'thing' on boy boy’s two ball balls?”

Mommy: *oh, oh, what I expected her to ask finally happened* “Oh, dat’s called a ‘ku ku jiao’.

Des: *paused for a while,* “Orrr, Xian Xian oso got ‘ku ku jiao’ and two ball balls and boy boy (referring to Little Skywalker) oso got ‘ku ku jiao’ and two ball balls”. *paused again, giggling* “Yau Yau got ‘pet pet’”.

Mommy: *this girl of mine, still remembered what I said* “Ya lor, Xian Xian and Boy Boy are boys mar and so got ‘ku ku jiao’ and ‘ball balls’ lor, and like Yau Yau, girls got ‘pet pet’”.

Des: “Orrr ….” *seemed to understand*

I do wonder if she really understood.

14 Comments:

At Tue Dec 13, 04:26:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Wien also ever asked why she only has 'pet pet' but no 'egg egg'!!..LOL

 
At Tue Dec 13, 04:37:00 PM, Blogger Egghead said...

free sex education for your daughter (but I think is 11 years early don't you think?)

 
At Tue Dec 13, 04:43:00 PM, Blogger mom2ashley said...

hahahahahhaha!!!! iin fact i dont like the word "pet-pet"..sounds very vulgar - but my MIL uses it

 
At Tue Dec 13, 04:52:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Just goes to show that kids got veeeery good memory.

 
At Tue Dec 13, 05:24:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

seen it on TV but still kinda' hard to imagine a real life 'bee & honey' conversation with kids. my elder son is turning 3 soon, he mentioned 'ku ku jiao' a # of times but so far, we leave it as it is. no further clarification. i guess it just a matter of time-huh?

 
At Tue Dec 13, 10:46:00 PM, Blogger ZMM said...

Wah.. not easy huh, having to piece all these for your little girl. :P

Hahaha.

 
At Tue Dec 13, 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jess: Ha, ha, ur Wien oso asked at too? Sometimes got to crack our brain to explain to our kids.

Egghead: U and ur 5-kap video clip! Aiyo, my girl is only 3+.

Dinah: She was familiar with the word when she was a little younger. It was when she had rashes on her private part and all I did was asked her "'Pet pet' itchy ar?" And she got it from there. (I just could not think of a proper word for it)

Sue: My gal has a very good memory esp. when we promised to buy her something but forgot, she could ask for it the whole day!

Two little fellas's mom: Ya, ya, it'll come to a time when they'll ask us just about anything and we really need to prepare to answer them in a proper way.

Zara's mom: She's is just 3+ and has been asking a lot of questions oredi esp. when she's watching TV programmes and in which she doesn't understand. She'll question and question until we give her an understandable answer.

 
At Wed Dec 14, 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Lazymama said...

Destines is so cute, dare to ask for ball ball somemore!

Ekk, she and your hubby never took bath together?

 
At Wed Dec 14, 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Loc Kee said...

hii my first time here ohh...
i have left a comment in Jess's EGG post, go see see la :p

anyway glad that you told her the truth, not like the old parents... "you grow bigger than you will know" :<

 
At Wed Dec 14, 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jefferene: Hee, hee, she might have thought that 'ball ball' was the same as the ping pong ball. No wor, Des has never taken bath with her Pappy (Kekeke, Pappy's too shy, Kakakakaka)

Loc Kee: Thanks for dropping in. Well, sometimes we just have to tell the truth to our 'smart' childen of today. (psst, psst, I've been 'lurking' in ur blog)

Rachel: Ha, ha, Adrian still doesn't have the chance to ask cos he has a Didi and not mei mei.

 
At Thu Dec 15, 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hehe..so cute.My nieces started to giggle when they saw Keith's KKJ (they called it churos). They even ran to their mom and told her "Mommy, looked baby Keith has got Churos..Hahaha". They are so excited to see that thingy.

 
At Thu Dec 15, 01:41:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

hehe...she can remember and differentiate and piece things up together pretty well :). Soon she'll ask u where did Yau Yau come from. Better start create story :P

 
At Thu Dec 15, 09:07:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

tracy, do update us when she start asking more complicated answer..so we can learn from you...

so cute and interesting way of explaining the story

 
At Fri Dec 16, 01:00:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sabrina: 'Churos'? Dat's an interesting word. Pardon me, is it a Punjabi word?

Jazz: Ya, ya, really got to start thinking of how to answer her when she asks me the question.

Chanel: When u are in such a situation, u'll automatically know how to tackle the question. Hee, hee, it'll come a day when Jeriel starts questioning u about the 'sensitive' quesitons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home