Tracy's Nest

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Landslide in Bukit Serdang!

So Happening! Road collapses in landslide in Bukit Serdang! Dat's near to where I'm staying! It occurred early in the morning and I was 'blur blur' and went to work as usual. Imagine my state of shock when my maid called me in the office and told me:

Maid: "Mam, tanah sudah runtuh!".
I: "Apa tanah?".
Maid: "Tanah di depan bukit".
I: *thinking* Huh? Is it the hill opposite to where I'm staying? "Mana?"
Maid: "Tanah di depan rumah dua tingkat tu".
I: "Aiyo, dari bukit itu ar, teruk tak"?
Maid: "Mam, bukan dari bukit, itu tanah di jalan. Sangat teruk. Sekarang banyak orang, ada polis, bomba, banyak banyak orang tengok".
I: *thinking* Aiyo, luckily not from the hill. "Habis, apa orang tu buat?"
Maid: "Sekarang saya nampak orang-orang angkat plastik dan guni, tak tau buat apa".
I: *thinking* The workers must be covering the the collapsed area wih the sand bags and plastic sheets.
"Okay, kalau ada apa-apa u cepat-cepat angkat Yau Yau (Des) keluar dari rumah dan JANGAN GUNA LIF, tau?"
Maid: "Aiyo, mam, u jangan takutkan saya".
I: *in order not to frighten her* "Okaylar, saya fikir tak ada apa-apa lar, tapi mesti hati-hati, okay?"

At dat time, I was chatting with Rachel at msn, I told Rachel I was getting worried. She asked me whether I need to go back and check or not. As Pappy was on the way to send some printing works, I told him he might as well go back and check how serious the landslide was. When he reached home, he called and assured dat everything was under control, part of the road and the slope were affected and the surrounding area was oredi cordoned off. I was at ease a little.

Check this out: http://www.chinapress.com.my/content_new.asp?dt=2006-11-23&sec=photo&art=1123p01.txt

and this:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/23/nation/16110219&sec=nation


So, when we returned home from work, there were people still working around the area until quite late in the nite.

This was taken from the window of my apartment. The effected areas were covered with plastic sheets.

16 Comments:

At Thu Nov 23, 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

That's very bad. I read in the star today and saw the pictures. So scary lar.Hope everything is ok and doesn't become worse.

 
At Thu Nov 23, 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Egghead said...

whoa! lucky not in front of you... really teruk huh!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 01:45:00 PM, Blogger laundryamah said...

wah u stay on bukit ah? so mewah one...but then hor...scary oso leh..

 
At Thu Nov 23, 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Annie Q said...

ya..read from newspaper today & saw the picture..so scary la.Lucky ur side there is ok..

 
At Thu Nov 23, 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

WAH SO DANGEROUS!! ASK PAPPY TO MOVE!!!!!!! but make sure u stay somewhere near us la..then can come out and meet. This Saturday u kambing or not?

 
At Thu Nov 23, 03:14:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sabrina
I'm praying and praying everything will be okay.

Rachel
Thanks Rach. If it rains again, I pun sangat takut leh.

Egghead
Thanks God it's not in front of my house. Luckily the surroundings of my apartments are houses, no slopes, no lakes but still .... aiyo .... touch wood.

Amah
Apa mewah lar. Itu bukit sangat rendah saja and the name sounds 'grand' only. Poor people like me only stays there lar.

Annie
Ya lor, ya lor, luckily lor. I'm praying to Jesus, Na Mo Or Li Tor Futt, Allah leh.

Sasha
I really hope and wish I will able to shift. U pray for me, okay? I think I can't make it this Sat. I've oredi told Angie and Annie. Very soli.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 09:46:00 AM, Blogger chanelwong said...

you stay very near there? I saw the big picture in the Thestar..

Take care and be careful

 
At Fri Nov 24, 09:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many landslides happening huh? This happen when there's no proper planning and looking into the future.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 11:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary. I saw the newspaper front page of the road with huge crack. Now this.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger sqkiki said...

OMG....Tracy don't tell me u stay at LBS punya High Risk Apt ahhh! coz from the pic u taken..seem like at there wor...

sorry ahh..suddenly appear ask u stupid Q..hehe...been reading ur blog in my feedreader quite something...lazy leave comment ejah lah...:p

 
At Sat Nov 25, 04:04:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

wahh scary...this the problem nowadays when heavy rain huh

 
At Sun Nov 26, 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chanel
Ya lor, too bad I'm staying very near there.

Julian
Landslides do happen anywhere and no thanks to those inconsiderate developers and the ministers who'll put the blame on 'Act of God'. *double duh*

Michelle
Oh yes it was indeed very scary and to trust me to be blur blur about it until my maid called me after I had gone to work.

Msau
*sob sob sob* Ya lor u are correct dat I AM staying in the LBS High Rise Apt but now really high RISK lor. U know where it is? Come visit me lar.

It's usual for bloggers to read and not comment sometimes, (heehee), I'm one of them.

Jazz
Boohoohoo, I'm praying everyday dat it won't rain HEAVILY these days.

 
At Mon Dec 04, 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Allyfeel said...

Wah...hope everything is fine there now. Disaster really scare us and without warning sometimes. Take Care!

 
At Wed Dec 06, 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Ally
Oh yes, we'll never know when and where disaster will strike. Tengkiu, the authorities are repairing the area now.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 04:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, this is bad. LUckly no one is hurt.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

hijackqueen
Oh ya, luckily no one was hurt cos it occurred at about 3 in the morning when everyone was still in their dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home