Tracy's Nest

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Self made/cooked food

After reading Jess's post on garlic bread, my mouth was watering and I was yearning to have the garlic bread. And reading Michelle's comment dat garlic bread goes well with mushroom soup (cos I usually have garlic bread with coffee - wrong combination?), I 'die die' (yearned more) must have them! Ulcers - Stand Aside!

Right after work, went to one of the supermarkets and bought bread, canned mushroom soup and this:

Garlic Butter Spread

and made these for breakfast:

Garlic Bread and Mushroom Soup

The 'cooking bug' got into me, so I decided to make/cook the followings during the weekends:

Ingredients for Sago Pudding
(sago, gula melaka and coconut milk. Don't use evaporated milk, tastes weird)


Sago Pudding
Yum Yum


Michelle and June, if u are reading, this is for both of u! No joke leh hor? Hahahahaha!

Ingredients for Pan Meen (heehee, forgot to take pic of the dough)
(fried onions; mushrooms with black fungus and minced meat; chillies and
fried ikan bilis (anchovies) and not forgetting the ikan bilis soup)


A bowl of Pan Meen with lots of 'shee jai choy' (potato shoots) and 'choy sum' (sawi)
Slurp, slurp, slurp.


My (M'sian) version of
Macaroni with luncheon meat and eggs with 'kam wah for thui' (salted ham)
and ikan bilis as the soup base


'Kam Wah For Thui' (Salted Ham)


'Chan Tan' (Luncheon meat and Egg) Rice


And my family's favourite 'Tracy's Fried Rice'

Fried Rice
(french beans, luncheon meat, eggs, rice and with lots of garlic)


and this, the 'Queen' of all ..... tra da ..... my 'Yeong Chi Kam Lou' (Mango sago dessert) which June taught me. (Thanks June, I received a lot of 'credits' from frens who had tasted)

'Yeong Chi Kam' (Mango Sago Dessert)
(blended and diced mangoes, fresh milk, sago, grape fruit juice, pulps from pomelo and rock sugar)


Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Slurp, Slurp, Slurp. Swallowing ur saliva? HAHAHAHAHA!



17 Comments:

At Thu Nov 09, 04:50:00 PM, Blogger sqkiki said...

wahh..show so many tgether...really make me hungry lor...

 
At Thu Nov 09, 05:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! u make me hungry now!!!

 
At Fri Nov 10, 02:14:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

I like the sago puding..so long didnt make. If not mistaken i was make it once when i just form 3..keke.

 
At Fri Nov 10, 03:10:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

weii..how come all the pics but no recipe one...i tried to make sago pudding that day, err but failed :(...i want that recipe!!! gimme gimme muahahaha...

now how I wish I can cook...I think I'm just not for it lah

 
At Fri Nov 10, 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah...u seem like a real good cook. :) ALl those pics makes my mouth watery.

Care to share ur recipe of Mango Sago Dessert? My favourite. :)

 
At Fri Nov 10, 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah your pan mee looks delicious. You cook so much ... you must be a really good cook. :)

 
At Fri Nov 10, 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Rach
If u want to send ur courier to collect, u better come personally lar cos I'm afraid the dessert will not reach u (sudah dihabis by the person who's going to courier to u cos too tempting). Can send the pomeloes over ar cos Ipoh got lots of pomeloes all year round but in KL, really susah to find. Kakakakaka.

Msau
Hahaha, show at one go to tempt u all mar. Kekekekeke.

Annie
Ur comment showed 3:55 p.m. wor. Looking at the pics sudah make u lapar ke?

Sylvia
Me too. Long time din make but suddenly had the urge of eating, but cannot be bought any where, so had to make on my own lor.

Jazz
Uploaded all the pics to tempt u all mar. Hahaha, the captions are the recipies. Why ur sago pudding failed? I'll tell u how u should go about making sago pudding in msn, okay? (i.e. when I come back from my leave, heeheehee)

Ally
Actually the method of making the Mango Sago dessert is very easy. It's sometimes the ingredients cos quite difficult to find grape fruit juice and pomeloes. I used grape fruits to extract the juice instead. The ingredients are below the pics (captions). Just dump everything into a big pot/bowl and mix and put into the fridge to chill.

Twin
*paiseh* I'm not a good cook but I LOVE to cook. My neighbours are the lucky ones and they love being my neighbours (haha, get what I mean?) Want to be my neighbour?

 
At Sat Nov 11, 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy, where you bought this "Kam Wah For Thui"? I heard can put his when boiling soup and the taste is super delicious LOL!

 
At Mon Nov 13, 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One sago pudding with extra gula melaka pls... :)

 
At Mon Nov 13, 01:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AIYOOOO!!!!!!!! SO NICE!

 
At Mon Nov 13, 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah liao..so when can i come to your house to eat the Pan mee? yummy....

 
At Wed Nov 15, 06:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that depends where you stay ... hehe *kidding*. Great cooking once in awhile. Its been awhile since the last time i whip up a home-cook meal .. been really lazy lately :P

 
At Wed Nov 15, 06:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that depends where you stay ... hehe *kidding*. Great cooking once in awhile. Its been awhile since the last time i whip up a home-cook meal .. been really lazy lately :P

 
At Thu Nov 16, 06:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

warao eh,,must choose this time when i'm hungriest to read this post! now must go home leow,,stomach growling like mad!!!

 
At Sat Nov 18, 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Hui Sia:
Oh, the 'Kam Wah For Thui' was bought from HKG. True, true, it makes very tasty soup. U can cut into bits and fry with 'wah wah choy' (a kind cabbage) - very yummy.

Julian:
Come to my house. U can have as many sago puddings and as much gula melaka as u want. :-)

Sasha:
Woooooeeeeeee ...... of course nice lor.

Michelle:
No problem. Come any time but make sure u inform me before u come so dat I can prepare the ingredients, okay?

Twin:
Haha, no need to be my neighbour to treat u lar. Just pay me a visit.

LaundryAmah:
Haiyo, u work so late wan ar? Hungry better get something to munch lor if not nanti kena gasitrik susah lor.

 
At Tue Nov 21, 05:24:00 PM, Blogger ZMM said...

my favourite!! Pan Mee Pan Mee!

 
At Wed Dec 06, 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Zara's Mama
Hahaha, guess it's almost everybody's favourite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home