Tracy's Nest

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hospitalised ..... again?

Dear all, first of all, thank u so much for ur well wishes.

I mentioned in FB dat I purged 8 times. I din vomit this time as what I did the last time I was hospitalised last year. I started to have pain in the stomach or more like muscle cramps on Friday morning after eating 'chee cheong fun' which Pappy 'tar-paued' for me.

I started purging and by 10 ish I oredi purged 8 times. No choice, I had to see the doctor and she told me if the purging and pain persist, I had to be hospitalised. In my mind the words kept repeating "PLEEEAASSSEEEEE, I DON'T WANT TO GO THE HOSPITAL!" After taking the medicine, I still purged and the pain still persisted. After work, I went to another doctor and was prescribed different medicine. I had no appetite for anything (I din have lunch or dinner) but I forced myself to drink water and 100+.

From morning till midnight, I counted I oredi purged 17 TIMES! Pappy suggested to send me to the hospital but I was reluctant. But the cramps, was unbearable, a long cramp and followed by short cramps every now and then (like when u're in labour). I tried to think the pain away but gave in eventually and asked Pappy to send me to the hospital which was quite near to where we are staying.

I was immediately sent to the emergency room and was on drips. Blood was taken to be tested. The doctor told me I wasn't really food poisoned cos I din vomit but was viral infected and I was dehydrating. I had to spend the nite in the hospital .... arrggghhhh! Okay, never mind, since it was oredi about 2.45 a.m. when I was wheeled to the ward, I just had to spend a few hours and I could go back.

I had a sleepless nite. Pappy came with Des (both of them wore mask as advised by the hospital) at about 10.30 a.m. the next morning (Saturday) and after spending some time with me, Pappy took Des to the office as he had to send some jobs to his client.

Dr. Rao (who attended to me last year) came to check on me at about 11 a.m., advised me stay another day so dat he could monitor me as I still purged and the cramps still lingered. Arrrrgggggh ......! I still didn't have appetite for anything but did forced myself to have some porridge. At nite, Pappy came to keep me company but this time without Des who was with Elyss's.

What affected me emotionally was what Pappy brought me - a letter from Destinee. He told me she wrote it while they were in the office and she was crying as she was writing and drawing. When I looked at the envelope, I was so touched and when I read the letter I had tears in my eyes ..... awwwww .....



The front of the envelope


The back of the envelope


The contents:

Translation:
I want mummy to come back.
I must have mummy.
I think of mummy very much.
I want mummy to come back today.
I feel like crying.




Touching or not?

After on drips (6 bottles) and medication for 2 days in the hospital, my appetite came back. I 'walloped' my breakfast (bread and milo-o), lunch (fish porridge), tea (biscuit and milo) and dinner (fish porridge). I stopped purging but occasionally there were still short cramps. My blood was taken again for test. The doctor came and allowed me to be discharged ... wooohooo ...

I was discharged at about 12.30 p.m. (Sunday) but after the 'klik klak klik klak' procedures, at about 2.30 p.m., I was finally back to my 'home sweet home'. Phew ... it was so good to be back.

Thanks again fellow bloggers.

p/s: All in all I purged 22 times! As I'm writing this, gives me the shudders when I recalled what happened.

17 Comments:

At Mon Aug 24, 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Magictree said...

So glad you're back and ok. Des's letter just showed how great a mom you have been to her!

 
At Mon Aug 24, 01:56:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

Des is so sweet. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Now you really have to be careful what you eat.

 
At Mon Aug 24, 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

aiyoh.. leng lui kesian u purge so badly. But u also la.. if go to hosp earlier no need to suffer so long also.
Des is very very sweet and thoughtful. I think she is yr best medicine right?

 
At Mon Aug 24, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

Glad you're much better now. Eh.. Destinee is so sweet la. So 'kum toong'.

I will probably use that to scare my son, that mommy will go hospital again if you don't behave. Hahahah.. kidding. Choy Choy Choy!

 
At Mon Aug 24, 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Aiyo Des so sweet!!

Take care friend.....

 
At Mon Aug 24, 03:44:00 PM, Blogger Angeleyes said...

Oh dear... it must have hurt so much... Thank God you are ok now. Rest well and take care....

You have a very good daughter... How I wish Darrius can write something like that when I go deliver my baby! :P

 
At Mon Aug 24, 06:06:00 PM, Blogger blurblur said...

Thank god you're now ok and back home, must rest more ya.

And your Des, sooooo sweet...the letter is so touching it sent tears to my eyes too...

P/s: the way she spells office 'offis' - same as my Damien. hehe..

 
At Mon Aug 24, 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

aiyo yam kong.... glad dat u r ok now... des is sooo sweet n her hair is so long now

 
At Wed Aug 26, 12:26:00 AM, Blogger two pixels photography said...

aiyoo..good to hear that u are OK now

 
At Wed Aug 26, 02:11:00 AM, Blogger 杨 霓 said...

aiyo...so sorry to hear that.
这两天我都不能好好上网,结果也不知你进院了,
对不起啊!没能关心你。。。

Des真的很乖,看来你是感动的不得了及欣慰吧!有这样乖巧的女儿!!

 
At Wed Aug 26, 10:50:00 AM, Blogger coffeesncookies said...

aiyoyo. 17 times ! buttock also sore ! take care and drink more warm liquids from now on. I would tear too If I receive such notes from my daughter. So 'kum toong'

 
At Thu Aug 27, 06:59:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

oh dear, look at what Des has drawn? Although i cannot read chinese, i can even feel her with her drawing man. heal soon dear!!

 
At Thu Aug 27, 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Dear all, fyi, I slept with Des's letter beside my pillow when I was in the hospital* heehee.


Magictree - Awwww ... *blush blush*

Michelle - I'm careful with what I eat from now. Really scared of eating outside food. Stomach too sensitive gua.

Sasha - Ya lor, serves me rite for being so 'hard headed' but I thought taking medicine from the doctors will be okay mar.

Yvonne - Des is oso scared when I tell her dat I'll go to the hospital again if she's naughty (choi choi choi). Hahaha.

Jess - Thanks, thanks.

Alice - U bet it hurt so much esp the pain, really unbearable.

Eileen - Rested enough oredi, back to doing office and house work ... sigh ...

Sue - Thanks, I'm ok oredi but still need to be careful on diet.

Alicia - Ya lor, so 'yam kong', got to suffer like dat.

Wanted to cut Des's hair short but so 'sayang' after keeping for a few years.

Nini - It's alrite and I know u're very busy.

Coffeesncookies - Actually hor, my butt hole din hurt much cos all 'watery stuff', it was the pain dat nearly 'lor ngo meng' leh.

Chinnee - Thanks. As for the note, I've translated into English at the bottom of it.

 
At Fri Aug 28, 01:53:00 AM, Blogger Vien said...

what a sweet letter! must keep in safe deposit box liao..hehe. i'm glad u are feeling a lot better now.

 
At Fri Aug 28, 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

Oh dear. What a horrible experience. Glad to hear that you are better and back home now. As for that letter from Destinee, you must keep it in a safe deposit box or something. Haha. Its the best tressure. Words and pictures from her heart. So sweet.

 
At Sun Aug 30, 07:35:00 PM, Blogger slavemom said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. Hope there's no more such incidences in the future. That was a really emotional letter from Des. Emo for her and oso for u. Take good care ya.

 
At Tue Sep 15, 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Jacss said...

ooh dear tracy, glad that u've recovered but hor...u made me cried lor, d ltr fr yr litle girl was so so so touching :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home