Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pissed off

After coming back to the office to work, I seldom cook and I really miss cooking. As usual, yesterday, after work, Pappy asked me what to have for dinner. I told him 'let's go and eat fried beef noodles'. So, off we went to Restaurant Soo Kee in Medan Imbi which is famous for its Fried Beef Noodles. Too bad, upon reaching only realised dat it was closed on Mondays. Okay, no choice, we had to make do with the shop just across which serves the same food (said to be the son who 'branched' out).
a
We seldom patronise this shop but what to do, I was drooling for fried beef noodles.
a
What is the title of my post to do with this shop? I tell u, this shop's people really pissed me off with their attitude. We ordered fried beef noodles and a plate of fried rice for Destinee. I told the girl who took our orders dat I only need eggs for the fried rice cos my girl doesn't like other ingredients. The girl told me they don't have this type of fried rice and kept asking us whether to add prawns, beans or not. We told her again and again dat we need eggs and rice only. She said it was difficult for them to charge us but I told her we didn't mind her charging us accordingly to how much they charge for a normal plate of fried rice.
a
She went to her boss (a man when u see his stuck-up face oso u 'want-to-spit-saliva-on-him' type) and enquired. She came back and told us dat her boss said they don't have such kind of food in their menu (or in my words they don't serve such kind of simple food). Seeing dat it was of no use, I told the girl to forget it. I've been to so many shops and there was no problem ordering fried rice with only eggs. Or they thought we could only afford for fried rice with eggs. If we were to order crabs, prawns or other expensive food, that might be a different story, the boss will run to take our order? *tns*
a e
We expected the boss, to, at least have the courtesy, come over and tell us dat they were sorry dat they don't serve such kind of food. @*%# NO, HE CHANGED HIS SHIRT AND WENT TO HIS LAZY CHAIR TO SLEEP/NAP. I asked the girl: "Need I teach your boss how to fry rice with eggs only"? She just went off and didn't even ask us what else we wanted to order. She didn't even bother to ask us if we wanted to order drinks *tns again*. If it wasn't for cranky Destinee who was hungry and wouldn't budge, we would have walked off. So, we had to substitue the 'fried rice with eggs' for a plate of hokkien mee which Des likes too and drinks from a 'kakak' who was a lot more friendly and courteous.
a
What's the name of this shop? I'm sure many have heard and patronised this shop. The name's SOO KEE'S SON (MENG CHUAN) PRAWN AND BEEF NOODLES in Medan Imbi. With dat kind of attitude, no wonder there were so few patrons eventhough Restaurant Soo Kee was closed. Maybe it was my unlucky day or maybe the boss wasn't in a good mood. ''NO FRIED RICE WITH ONLY EGGS" (n****h).
a
Okay, finished ranting.

9 Comments:

At Tue Jun 30, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have such good tolerance... I would have definitely walk off... even if I hafta drag Des out.. hehe

 
At Tue Jun 30, 09:34:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

I would probably walk out of there. :P

 
At Wed Jul 01, 09:48:00 AM, Blogger Magictree said...

Thanks for the info. Definitely won't step in there.

 
At Wed Jul 01, 10:30:00 AM, Blogger coffeesncookies said...

hi there ! first time visiting your blog.
Aiya, most of those shops in Imbi very stuck up. They think they are 'lou chiu pai' !! The meat ball fella at corner coffee shop also sulks big time :D

 
At Wed Jul 01, 05:47:00 PM, Blogger slavemom said...

Aiyo... this kind of attitude, waiting to 'chup lup' lah.

 
At Fri Jul 03, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Everyday Healy said...

Aiyo, the boss should straight away close shop if he wants to sleep. Hahaha......

I hate rude service too.

 
At Fri Jul 03, 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Elyss - Hahaha, I know u too well.

Michelle - U would? Maybe we were too 'soft'. *blek*

Magictree - Ya ya, don't go to this shop but to the 'original' which is just opposite to it.

Coffeesncookies - I'm sure their attitude towards the 'tourists' are different.

Ginie - Hahaha! I'm waiting to see them 'chup lup' too but too bad this shop has been there for many years oredi.

Everyday Healy - Ya lor hor, I was scratching my head why he went to sleep cos the shop opened at 6 p.m. Maybe he got 'no eyes see' when he saw no patrons other than us. Hahaha!

 
At Sun Jul 05, 12:55:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

I will probably just walk off because I scared they 'kar liu' into my food. :P

 
At Mon Jul 06, 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yvonne - No lar, I don't think they dare cos I was eyeing on them and their kitchen's in the open where we can see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home