Tracy's Nest

Friday, July 03, 2009

Bits here bits there

'Chui Mei' 吹梅 - What's dat? I've never heard of the term until Destinee took part in the event. Direct translation is 'blowing plums'. To my understanding, it's blowing Chinese ink with a straw onto a piece of red paper. The blown ink is supposed to be the branches. After the ink dries up, small pieces of cotton wool are to be glued onto the 'branches' to make them look like the plum flowers (梅花)。This kind of art is usually done during the Chinese New Year (correct me if I'm wrong).
I did ask Pappy if he knew what 'chui mei' meant and he said he had no idea *duh*.

Destinee was very excited on the morning of the competition (before the Chinese New Year) and kept telling me dat she couldn't blow nicely cos she didn't do well during Art class (the Art teacher might have made them practise before the actual day). I consoled her by telling her to try her best and didn't matter if she didn't win.


See my girl? So happy.




Teng ... teng ... teng ... teng ....
The 1st prize goes to DESTINEE LEE!
I really didn't expect her to win. A 'banana' like me who knows nothing about the Chinese Art ...... in a way it was a good experience for her.

I really don't know what he wrote. The writings look so 'stiff'. He said he hasn't written for ages and forgot how to hold the brush properly. *kakaka*


This was how she coloured her Art during the exam.
Nice and colourful hor? She got A*star star* leh.


In her favourite Baju Kurung and dancing to the tune of
'Ikan Kek Kek'.

This is how Des naps in the office after school if she's too tired.
Half of her body rests on my director "ah sei" (阿四) chair
and the other half on another chair.
- reminds me of how Kylie (Laundryamah's princess)
sleeps in the office.

18 Comments:

At Fri Jul 03, 05:47:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

I like her coloring, so neat! Bravo Des.

 
At Sun Jul 05, 12:53:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

They say the colors on a child's art shows greatly how happy they are as a child. :D

 
At Sun Jul 05, 04:00:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

WOW, Des so smart! Clever girl!

 
At Mon Jul 06, 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Everyday Healy said...

Wah... mummy should give more encouragement leh. She could be the next Leonardo Da Vinci. Congratulation, my dear! :P

 
At Mon Jul 06, 11:56:00 AM, Blogger chanelwong said...

very nicely coloured picture...
she is very good in art...

 
At Mon Jul 06, 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Michelle - I didn't expect her to colour dat 'well' too *heehee*.

Yvonne - Really? This girl of mine always loves to colour 'rainbow' colours in her drawings.

Jess - I don't think she's smart, just dat she learnt the colour combination from her art teacher and she adored her very much.

Everyday Healy - Aiyo, I don't want her to be the next Leonardo Da Vinci, die oredi only can be famous wor. Hahaha!

Chanel - I don't think she's good in art, she just loves drawing. She would draw on the whiteboard, magna doodle and my house's full of papers with her drawings but all 'rubbish' drawings.

 
At Mon Jul 06, 03:21:00 PM, Blogger cowie said...

Wei, Kyrie is my daughter. Laundrymah kei is Kelly. Hehehe...which is me. Hahaha, I know you confused jor.

 
At Mon Jul 06, 08:01:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

well done des!!

 
At Tue Jul 07, 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Kelly - Very the sorry Kelly and thanks for pointing out my mistake. I've amended the mistake. I sudah blur blur jor with Kelly, Kylie, Kyrie, Hallie *heehee*.

Jazz - "Thank u Auntie Jazzmint" said Des.

 
At Tue Jul 07, 09:15:00 AM, Blogger Magictree said...

So interesting wan the art!!! Great job Des! You should come teach No2 how to colour....

 
At Thu Jul 09, 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Jacss said...

wow...what a surprise Des has given to you heh!! she's a bright girl. i'm impressed with her coloring job...another wow :)P!!

 
At Thu Jul 09, 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

really nice wor...look like those CNY decoration ler...

 
At Thu Jul 09, 05:36:00 PM, Blogger cowie said...

Sama sama la. Even my mother also confused with all the names!!

 
At Fri Jul 10, 03:46:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

woah i did the straw blowing art before and after that my headache like mad. Cos to much blowing. haha


eh now she pose different edi. Last time always show peace sign wan.

 
At Fri Jul 10, 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Magictree -I don't know why she loves to colour her arts with all sorts of colours to make them look bright. Her colourings used to be quite dull, I guess she's taught in school by her Art teacher to colour in dat way kua.

Jacss - I tell u, she's actually a 'blur blur' girl.

Chinnee - She did well dat day but after which I asked her to do another piece, it was in a mess. Hahaha!

Kelly - Hahaha! We're all blur blur.

Sasha - Oh? U did dat before. Hahaha, who asked u to blow and blow, sure headache and pening one.

Wah! U're really observant leh. The peace sign's her signature pose.

 
At Mon Jul 13, 06:40:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

Congratulation! Good Job Destinee!!
i have seen how she made such great artwork from clay in your older post. she is surely talented :)

 
At Thu Jul 23, 10:10:00 PM, Blogger slavemom said...

Congrats on winning the 'chui mei' competition! Wow... she's vy good in art. Love the way she colored the b/grd with colorful stripes, like curtains.

 
At Fri Jul 24, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger ZMM said...

I must let my girls do chui mei also.

Grown so much already Destinee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home