Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Masak-masak"

Look at what June (my sis) gave Destinee as a birthday present when Des was 2 years old (the big Fisher Price box she was sitting on). This pic below was taken on her 3rd Birthday. I kept the box for 2 years and had great hesitation in opening it. The thought of having to assemble all the parts kept me from opening it the past two years. The box was lying in the cupboard and Destinee pestered me to open and let her play whenever she eyed on it.
a

1 week ago on Saturday, I decided to do some spring cleaning to her room and clear things from the cupboard. I took out the box and Destinee got excited. She pestered me again. She promised she would take care of it and put away nicely when she is finished with playing. Okay, okay, maid helped me to carry drag the bulky box out to the hall. I stared at the box and wondered if I should open it. Before I could say anything, Destinee found an opening and was oredi tearing the box. After having torn the opening, I peeked into it. Gosh! The thing was big, I had to pull the whole thing out from the box and was oredi thinking of how to assemble 'this thing' (I'm not the skillful type when it comes to assembling things).

Managed to get the thing out. It was a ONE WHOLE PIECE BY ITSELF KITCHEN SET with a detachable sink and shelf - no other parts, no screws except two plastic bags which contained the plastic accessories (2 cups, 2 plates, 2 spoons, 2 forks, 2 knifes, 3 ladles, 1 pot with cover, 1 frying pan, 1 telephone, 2 small containers (pepper and salt). Wuah lau eh! DAT WAS THE 'CHUNNEST' (best?) toy I've ever seen so far.

It was just too easy to assemble (and to think of it lying in the cupboard and 'laying eggs' for 2 years). Just hold the piece up and let it stand on the ground. Pull the part from the front and back of the set (there are hinges at both sides). Wa .... la .... it opened up just like dat! Just have to adjust a bit here and there and put the accessories in its proper place and the kitchen set is ready!

There is a fridge and an oven (below). On top of them, there is a sink with a tap and 2 stoves. Insert 3 batteries into the battery compartment of the stove, turn the 2 knobs of the stove and the 'frying' and 'boiling' sounds will be heard! I was stunned for a moment! This kitchen set is really something (Fisher Price really lives up to its name). Not only Destinee loves to play with it, mommy and maid enjoy playing with it too (heeheehee).

Destinee playing with her 'masak-masak' sets. Destinee: "Aunties, Jeh-jehs and mei meis, care to join me?"

20 Comments:

At Tue May 02, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Egghead said...

such a huge thing for a small kid!!
is like having her own kitchen liao!!

 
At Tue May 02, 01:57:00 PM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

I oso want to play! Hahahaha.

 
At Tue May 02, 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

So nice :) Do boys play with masak masak also? hehehe...

 
At Tue May 02, 03:17:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

that is so cool...come with sound effect some more ..haha..kids nowadays are so blessed.

 
At Tue May 02, 03:54:00 PM, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Lucky Des... My biggest toy is only the length of 1m...

 
At Tue May 02, 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Egghead:
Exactly! Whenever I'm cooking, she'll be doing her 'cooking' too.

Mumsgather:
Come, come, lets play together. Hahaha.

Sue:
If Ivan's and Izac's daddy and mummy don't mind, they can play masak-masak too. I'm sure u would rather have them playing Ultraman and guns & pistols lor. Kekekekeke.

Lisa:
Oh yes, kids nowadays are so lucky. The toys are so real.

Jason:
1m? 1 metre? Aiyo, Ah Boy, u sure or not? 1 metre wor. Dat's a huge toy lor.

 
At Tue May 02, 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Babysmooches said...

hey, I almost wanted to get that kitchen set once but my apartment is too small to have such big toys lah. nice....

 
At Tue May 02, 11:44:00 PM, Blogger LHS said...

My Jo will love this very much if he sees this as he is quite ladylike and always playing with his cousins.

I saw quite a lot in HK, from big to small, kitchen sets, dining table sets and even they sell isolated parts like toaster, rice cooker, kettle, oven....

Good to be a child!!

 
At Wed May 03, 08:15:00 AM, Blogger Lazymama said...

So nice the kitchen set! Must be very expensive loh!

 
At Wed May 03, 09:05:00 AM, Blogger mom2ashley said...

wow that would have been my dream kitchen set if i was a kid now..i used to LOVE masak masak!

 
At Wed May 03, 09:08:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

wow...that's such an impressive masak masak toys lehh..I think if u buy all the fisher price toys, u can have a mini home liao hehehe

 
At Wed May 03, 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

hey, I want to send my girls to play with Destinee ler...so colorful the toy set!
but need space to keep them ler!

 
At Wed May 03, 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sharon:
No worries, no worries, the kitchen set is a neat and tidy set and it can just be placed at a side. (psst, psst, my apt. is oso a teeny weeny one)

Hui Sia:
Jo Jo likes to play with masak-masak too? Maybe he finds the toys fascinating and interesting, heehee.

Ya, ya, I've seen the kitchen utensils in shopping malls in KL too and Des has some of those too.

Jefferene:
Wooeee, it's indeed a very nice kitchen set. I enjoy playing with it too, heehee. Errrr ... I heard it was about RM200.

Dinah:
Dat's my dream kitchen set eventhough I'm a mommy/granny now, hahaha.

Jazzmint:
Oh yes, DAT really is a very impressive set. Des's little frens will come over to play with her but under mommy's watchful eyes (heehee, just in case ...). No lar, mommy's oso wants to play with them mar.

Jess:
Welcome, welcome, I'm waiting for the day when u visit me where Wien and Lyon can play with Destinee.

Actually I was worried where I should keep the bulky kitchen set in my teeny weeny apt. but to my surprise, it can just be placed at a side. It looks very neat too.

 
At Wed May 03, 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Magictree said...

So, now can take orders already? I want a bowl of Assam Laksa! That's my all time favourite. Ha! Ha!

 
At Wed May 03, 03:45:00 PM, Blogger blurblur said...

Wow..so nice. i also want to play leh..:)

Did mummy join in the fun as well?

 
At Wed May 03, 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Magictree:
Assam Laksa coming up! (heehee).

Blurblur:
Come, come over, we can all play together.

Wooeeee, mommy enjoys playing with the set and the rest of the masak-masak.

 
At Fri May 05, 12:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My children sure like to get their hands on that set!

 
At Mon May 08, 09:32:00 AM, Blogger ZMM said...

Got rice cooker and bowls with chopsticks too?

Aiyo.. the sooner you open the box, the more 'play time' she'll get out of this mah.. why keep so long?

For me.. always open early early one.

 
At Mon May 08, 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Michelle:
Not only ur kids will like to lay their hands on the set, whoever came to my house (kids and their MOMMIES)oso would like to play with the set (hahaha). Bring ur kids over and they can play together with Des.

Zara's Mama:
Heehee, the rice cooker, the food, chopsticks are from another set of masak-masak.

Told u so, I was worried how to assemble and keep the bulky thing, dat was why I kept it for so long lor.

 
At Tue May 09, 02:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, tracy, my first time visit your blog and I remember seeing destinee's picture in MBB and now she's such a big girl liow!
hey, my little Joo also loves to play masak masak (she's not even 2) and if there's chance, would love to let her play with Destinee..hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home