Tracy's Nest

Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Lap Sap Po" (Rubbish woman)

Dat's the new nickname given to me by Pappy *duh*. Why? Because I've been collecting 'rubbish' for my fren's, Cathy, daughter to bring to her school to collect stamped stars. After collecting about 20 stars, she'll receive a present from her teacher. What an encouragement for kids to practise and understand what recycling is about. When I heard what the kindy's doing, I immediately collected the 'rubbish' and gave them to the little girl and am still doing so. Too bad the kindy which Destinee goes to does not carry out such practice.

I used to collect all kinds of bottles, cans, plastic containers, boxes (of course not any from outside whereas from what I've emptied and used) and keep them inside the storeroom and dat's why the bulk of rubbish is taking up quite a lot of space in the room. As such, it has become, a hobby *blek*. No worries, no worries, I wash and clean all my rubbish before keeping them, therefore they are all very clean and odourless. It's really a waste to throw away what can be recycled, isn't it?




Wonder anyone else's doing what I am doing – Collecting rubbish. Hahaha!

12 Comments:

At Sun Jun 08, 08:28:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

wow...u really keep so much of these ah?

 
At Sun Jun 08, 10:15:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

I also tend to 'sau' a lot of 'lap sap' but still cannot beat you. You're the champion. Muahahaha...

 
At Sun Jun 08, 11:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too, but not as much as you, haha...
normally I will keep until 2-3 big plastic bags, then I will bring it to the recycle bins nearby my place.

nice to know that you too help to take good care of our environment :)

 
At Mon Jun 09, 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I only keep tins and cans :P But that's for my SIL *hehe*

 
At Mon Jun 09, 08:06:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

wah...u really good ler...my office oso got this campaign, but cause i gotta walk so far fr parking, i tarak carry so many lap sap with me LOL

 
At Mon Jun 09, 11:03:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

I am also keeping the plastic bottles, cans and glass bottles. Yet to find a recycling bin. By the way, you can take it to the recycling center (Mid Valley has it) and sell it all off.

 
At Tue Jun 10, 02:13:00 PM, Blogger 杨 霓 said...

me too,
为了孩子我们甚么都敢做!
哈哈....
sound like very great!
好像我们很伟大似的。
嘻嘻

 
At Tue Jun 10, 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chinnee
Hahaha, ya ya, I really kept all those.

Yvonne
I collect magazines, newspapers and old clothes too leh. If not I won't have got dat nickname from Pappy. *blek*

Martini
I'm doing the little kid a good deed too in helping her to collect stamped stars and presents, heehee.

Sue
Ya ya, dat's what normally ppl keep - cans and tins only. But for me 'whatever' dat can be recycled.

Jazz
Ya lor, carrying the 'lap sap' to a distance with the sounds of 'kling kling klung klung' (tins and cans) and 'ping ping piang piang' (bottles)can sometimes be annoying.

Michelle
I know there are lots of recycling centres here but I would rather let the 'Po Po' (an old lady) in my apartment earn or let the little kid earn her stars, heehee.

Nee
真高兴,终于看到你的留言了。其实hor, 环保是从你那学到的,应该谢谢你。

 
At Wed Jun 11, 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Jacss said...

i do keep some & 'throw' some.... dun scole me ahh...but guess must start the habit of keeping them & recycle..u r good 'lap sap poh'......hehehe

 
At Thu Jun 12, 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Magictree said...

I also recycle cans and newspapers. Hey, where do you have space to store all those?

 
At Thu Jun 12, 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jacss
And oso a clean 'lap sap po' cos I wash, clean and dry all my 'lap sap' before storing them.

Magictree
I store all my 'rubbish' in my storeroom. I'm trying not to keep too many bags now. Once I collect a bag or 2, I'll 'send them off'.

 
At Fri Jun 13, 10:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I really feel that u like some1 very close to me;'my Mom'; she also a big fans of 'rubbish' :p hehehee...
and I am a rubbish cleaner, what ever unused item I wont keep, will all throw/send to those who need it :p.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home