Tracy's Nest

Monday, November 26, 2007

To Cane or Not To Cane

This tag was passed to me by the chubby chubb pies' (SQ and Kiki) mummy. FYI, I used to have 3 canes in the house but now there are only 2. One on the the TV cabinet and one on the side of the fridge cover - for easy reach.

I'm sure many parents don't agree to using the cane. For me, when my girl really gets on my nerves, I'll have to use the weapon to control her. Don't get me wrong. I don't always beat her with it. It's mostly for threatening. I can tell u dat Des is really scared of me reaching for the cane. I don't have to shout at her to stop her nonsense and before I could reach for the cane, she'll be shouting "don't want, mommy, don't beat me"! Usually I'll hold the cane and beat it on the table or floor to scare her (in other words, a warning to her) after which she'll quickly obey. I don't deny I do use the cane on my girl at times when she tries to 'climb onto my head' or tries to be 'funny' when I'm serious.

Normally, I'll use another method - my 'electric glare' which she knows I mean 'business'. I don't like to use the cane too but without it to control Des, I think my life span will be shorten by a few years *blek*.

I can still remember my sis (June) and I were always caned by my mom when we were kids and used to have marks of the cane on our legs and hands and would try all ways to hide them when we were in school .... sigh ... those days. So, I make sure I'll hit Des on the buttock and not anywhere else (heehee).

Msau, I guess u've not read my post on "I do it my way" and maybe u'll be interested to know how I use my cane. U can read it here.

11 Comments:

At Mon Nov 26, 05:29:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

we also...only cane at buttock no other place....

 
At Tue Nov 27, 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Elly said...

i have one at home too! Mika's so afraid of it...esp whn i hit it on the table as a warning sign! bad mummy huh?

 
At Tue Nov 27, 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

Eh electric glare not for pappy meh?

I glare until no electric edi, cannot work. My son no takut. At least now i take out he will stand straight. kakakakakk

 
At Tue Nov 27, 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chanel
Ya ya, not any where else except buttock, so can be hidden (heehee).

Elly
Errr... I don't think we are bad mummies. Sometimes we really have no choice and the only resort is to use the rotan to threaten our kids.

Sasha
My electric glares are those which will make my kid 'dan hoi' (jump away with shock) or tremble with fear lar.

Hahaha, glare until no electric ke? U so funny. Ur small C's not takut of ur glares oredi? He has got used to ur electric glares, then let him try ur 'shocking glares'. Hahaha.

 
At Wed Nov 28, 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Oscar's Mommy said...

hahahaha... i also use the cane; accompanied by lots of screaming on top of my lungs action! it works but sometimes, half way into scolding, i will laughed cos i really beh tahan oscar's face... betul betul gila me...

 
At Wed Nov 28, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Jacss said...

wow....that proves the usage of cane....i mean "TO CONTROL" the misbehave kids!!

it's true that we hate to use it but....really....'force' to lar!!

ok ok, next time i'll make sure to "feeeettt" only d buttock!

eh, i put it on top of d fridge too so that my boys can't reach & hide them....kekekeke!!
we have at least 5 (3 rotan & few of those balloon stick),scary leh hehehehe..

 
At Wed Nov 28, 11:01:00 PM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

haha..i think most of the mommies will do the same, last time 'yes' i just like you. Now i know use cane it wont work, my son is the type you cane more i'll still do it. So i need patient to talk to him, he will listen (nowaday lar, last time still young he wont listen).

 
At Fri Nov 30, 12:18:00 AM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

Looks like I need a cane.....

 
At Fri Nov 30, 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Angie
Half way scolding and want to laugh summore, apa lah lu? Ur little Champion must be giving u the 'hoh lin' (pitiful) looks. Hahaha.

Jaclyn
*Hi Five* I oso have the balloon sticks with me - all sorts of colours too. Sometimes my hangers or 'yau char kwai' chopsticks do the trick too. I just have to hold any of those to threaten her and she'll behave. Hahaha.

Sylvia
I'll try to be patient with my girl and talk to her nicely first, she'll listen sometimes but most of the time she'll try to be funny and dat's when the 'weapons' comes in.

Yvonne
If possible don't start else u can't live without one (heeheehee).

 
At Sat Dec 01, 08:28:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

i have not started yet...scared addicted afterwards(heeheehee).

 
At Sun Dec 02, 02:24:00 PM, Blogger IMMomsDaughter said...

My monkeys only listen to the cane. I do not limit it to the buttocks only :P Actually, caning is done only when I am up to my wits end. I normally use it to threaten them ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home