Tracy's Nest

Friday, January 20, 2006

Golden Crispies

Actually I didn’t have the intention of baking any cookies for the coming CNY until I read Zara’s mama’s blog about her cookies and suddenly had the urge of baking some cookies for the coming CNY.
a

Okay, first of all, I have to take my trusty oven from the storeroom cos there’s no place for it in the kitchen. Told maid to have it cleaned. Put it on a small table in the hall (reminding Destinee not to go near it every now and then). Got my maid to get and clean all my baking equipment which were nicely placed in a container in the storeroom too and told her dat ‘mam’ wants to start work.
a

I have so many types of cookies in mind which I would like to bake but what should I start off first? Suddenly struck my mind dat kiddies loves my Golden Crispies. So if there’s anyone interested, here goes:–



Ingredients:
60 gms butter
80 gms cornflakes
50 gms rice bubbles
60 gms almond flakes
1 tablespoon of fine sugar
3 tablespoon of honey
Small paper cups (of course they are for the crispies and not to be added with the ingredients)

Method:
1. Heat up the oven first – i.e. turn it to 150°F.
2. Melt the butter in a pot and leave it aside.
3. Dump and mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (or whatever big bowl u can find in ur house).
4. Don’t forget to pour the melted butter in and mix again until the ingredients are of a sticky appearance.
5. After the ingredients are mixed, get a teaspoon to scoop a teaspoonful of the mixed ingredients into each paper cup.
6. Lay all the paper cups of crispies onto a tray and they are ready to be put in to the oven.


7. Set the oven to about 125°F and for 8-10 mins.
8. After about 4 mins., keep a watchout. As for my trusty oven, I have to turn the tray of crispies from one side to another.
9. The crispies will turn golden in colour and that means they are ready to be taken out of the oven.

10. The crispies will not stick when they are still hot, therefore u have to leave them to cool before entering them into ur containers.
a


The above ingredients will make about 100 golden crispies (about two containers - size of the container is as shown above) depending on how much ur teaspoonful is.

What I did was double all the ingredients and in one go I had 4 containers and a little extras (about 20) in a small container for Destinee to munch. She loves the crispies very much.

HAPPY TRYING!

10 Comments:

At Fri Jan 20, 01:42:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

i'm never good in baking cookies...can i buy from you-ah?

 
At Fri Jan 20, 02:19:00 PM, Blogger mom2ashley said...

me too - i'm not good in cooking and baking either. my mom is a great though

 
At Fri Jan 20, 03:48:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow, all of you making the blogs feel really festive wtih all the baking...

 
At Sat Jan 21, 02:19:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

wahh..cornflakes yum yum...now i wish i have an oven!!! Next year OK hahha

 
At Sat Jan 21, 09:04:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I always feel excited when baking cookies as can feel the CNY mood..hehe

 
At Sat Jan 21, 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Me no time to bake nowadays.Hehe..Maybe when I am a back to my housewife job and my KIDS are a little older. Can ask them to help me with the cookies.Hehe...BTW, can send some to me ah...looks tasty lar..Hehehe

 
At Sat Jan 21, 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy Yummy, send some over here. I used to bake, now with 2 kids, no time. Maybe next year. I love making pineapple tarts.

 
At Sun Jan 22, 01:28:00 AM, Blogger ZMM said...

looks simple huh? maybe I should try.. should be good and crunchy for Zara!

 
At Sun Jan 22, 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

M&B's mum:
I was not good at baking too but practice makes perfect. Oh, oh, sorry, not selling lar, only for own consumption.

Dinah,
If u learn, u'll be good at cooking and baking. U are lucky ur mom's good at both, so u can just depend on her to make everything for u, rite? (kekekekeke).

Rachel:
Aiyo, Rachel, I failed a number of times too before I was successful.

Sue:
Ha, ha, ha, of course mar, CNY's just around the corner. Must have the spirit mar.

Jazz:
Huh? No oven? Okaylar just keep the recipe for next year.

Jess:
Wei, I might be meeting u, I can bring one container for ur kids.

Sabrina:
Ask ur kids to help u in making or EATING the cookies? Want to visit me during CNY? U are welcome, then u can taste not only the golden crispies, I have other cookies too.

Michelle:
I've tried making the pineapple tarts last year. Gosh! Lots of work, so gave up this year.

Zara's mama:
This is the simplest I could think of and I'm very sure Zara will like them.

 
At Wed Jan 25, 12:27:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

hi, i have just tag you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home