Tracy's Nest

Monday, January 09, 2006

Something I like about S'pore

View taken from BIL's 'flat' in Singapore.

With no fencing and security, yet the surroundings are so well-kept. Take note of the cleanliness of the surroundings. Our so-called 'condominiums' in M'sia with fencing, security and maintenance are far behind compared to the 'Flats' there. The playgrounds are very well maintained too. There is no hap-hazard parking and there are ample multi-storey car parking spaces – even for visitors (but with a parking fee of course). A food court and a convenience store will be nearby and it is so conveniently located (walking distance). It is oso very convenient to move around, from one place to another, with the abundance of taxis and the LRT system.
a
Okay, call me "Ah Lian" if u wish. I haven't been to Singapore for quite a long time but I find dat the environment and the air there are still as clean as ever. Even the old buildings there look newer than our new buildings here (I'm talking about the flats). I heard from my BIL dat the buildings has to be repainted every 5 years (I was thinking 'huh?' 5 years? The outlook of the buildings in M'sia are in a deteriorating state after 5 years and most of them are not even painted after the first painting was done and some of the buildings are oredi 15 year-20 years old!).
a
The roads are clean and smooth. Smooth in the sense dat there are no bumps and 'ambush' holes everywhere. U see, Singapore once belonged to Malaya, it's so near to Malaysia and yet there is such a vast difference between the two countries. Once I made my exit from Singapore and reached Johore Bahru, I can feel the difference oredi. Immediately, on the roads, I could see holes, roads being dug, rubbish everywhere .... sigh .... usual sight of Malaysia's surroundings. If there are 'big shots' coming from other countries, the place will be beautified only at the last minute.
a



BIL’s restaurant:
MacPherson BBQ Seafood
Located at:
34, South Bridge Road in Singapore

The restaurant serves a lot of varieties of seafood. It's situated near "Ngow Cheh Sui". Operating hours are between 11.00 a.m – 11p.m. There are set lunches between 1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m.

9 Comments:

At Tue Jan 10, 09:07:00 AM, Blogger lisaOne said...

the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence-huh?

i do agree with all the merits you have mentioned i.e. the cleanliness, the state of condition of the roads..the conveniency of transportation etc...but i love my car, love the space we have here... the variety of foods...

SGP is a great place for holiday tho'.

 
At Tue Jan 10, 09:15:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

agree with you that singapore is so much cleaner and pleasant looking compared to KL. But then again, you gotta see, we are one big country, they are an island. Easier to manage an island rather than a country mah :P...But honestly our town development really sucks...or else we won't be widening roads every 2 years just to accomodate the traffic.

 
At Tue Jan 10, 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

M&B's mum:
True,true, true, there's always a comparison when u come back from another place.

At one time I had the idea of migrating to S'pore but after considering about the pros an cons, the idea was written off.

Jazz:
U were rite saying dat S'pore's an island. Penang is oso an island leh, how come it's still not as developed but getting worse instead. One reason - the government lor.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

My comment is Government & we, malaysia citizen's attitute!
But hor when singaporean come to msia, they also simply threw rubbish le...
wei, you do publicity for your BIL's restaurant ka?

 
At Wed Jan 11, 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Wat to do? M'sian mostly very disgusting. Study morale value for wat at school. I'll always scold my hubby when he litter.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jess:
True oso about the ppl's attitude. In Singapore the rules are strict and the ppl have got used to them whereas in M'sia the 'tidak apa' attitude is there.

At one time, when I was in S'pore, I saw a person at the back of the car threw something very small (I think a sweet wrapper) out of the side window and immediately the car behind honked obviously signalling the person in front dat the person shouldn't have done dat. I think if in M'sia, who ever bothers. 'Throw, throw lar, none of my business'.

I won't be surprised when u mentioned dat S'poreans threw rubbish in M'sia cos when u are in Rome (M'sia) u'll follow what the Romans (M'sians) do, rite?

Hee, hee, Jess, "don't kick burst me" lar about my BIL's restaurant.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sabrina:
Morale? Is there such a word in M'sian dictionary? *wondering*

Litterbugs are everywhere, take for e.g. the apartment I live in. The ppl just couldn't be bothered to throw their rubbish in the rubbish chambers provided, they'll just leave the rubbish just in front of the lifts or at the stairways. I even put notices both in Chinese and English on the wall in front of the lifts on my floor informing the ppl not to put their rubbish there but those 'buggers' still dump their rubbish there and even tore off my notices. What to do .... sigh .....

 
At Wed Jan 11, 07:04:00 PM, Blogger ZMM said...

Yeah loh.. SGP very clean.. Just like whn you drive out of SGP right after the causeway, you see JB so messy.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Zara's mama:
True, true, dat's why I said I could feel the difference once I got out of S'pore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home