Tracy's Nest

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Q-Dees (Tmn Serdang Utama) Annual Concert 2007

The Annual Concert of Q-Dees of Taman Serdang Utama was held on 29th September, 2007 and also in conjunction with the Graduation of the 6-year old students.
a
Destinee was not at all excited whereas it was Mommy who felt uneasy and worried. Why was I worried? I worried whether my girl could do her part or not; whether she was going to have stage-fright or not (this was her first time on stage); whether she would cry without having mommy around (cos she kept asking whether I would be accompanying her or not); whether ..... whether ..... whether ..... eiks! I worried too much. I assured her dat she would have her little classmates and teachers there.
a
We sent Destinee to Enterprise 4 Auditorium of Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) at 10.30 a.m. and she was left with the teachers. She waved bye-bye to us and off she went with the teacher who led her in! *slap head* Wasted my energy worrying. We left the place and went back home again as TPM was quite near to where we stay.

The concert was scheduled to start at 12.30 p.m., Pappy and I reached TPM at about 12.20 p.m. and scurried our way into the auditorium.

As Pappy and I entered the auditorium, we were surprised to see sooooo many spectators (I guess parents brought in relatives and frens too) and all the seats in the centre facing the stage were fully occupied. Luckily, we found 2 seats at a corner which were near the stage.

A slide show of the students in school was shown and the Concert started punctually at 12.30 p.m. with the Principal officiating a speech followed by Gratitude Speeches in Bahasa, English and Mandarin which were given by three 6-year old students. I was fascinated by these 3 students. They are only 6 years old and they could remember word for word!

After the speeches, dances and songs were performed by the students from ages 3 to 6. The kids were really really really cute in their colourful costumes and everyone was like dancing on their own and some were running here and there having a good time on the stage. Hahaha, I really had a good time laughing. They are so young, I don't think they fully understood why they were on stage and knew what they were doing. Kids are kids. I salute the teachers taking care of them; not an easy job controlling and guiding so many of them. Taking care of one kid sometimes make me want to 'vomit blood' let alone having to take care of a bunch of kids (my salute to 1+2 mom and Milly (new blog), I guess the reading on the blood pressure monitor will 'shoot up' *blek*

Then, I saw Destinee's teacher leading her group of students up the stage and I saw Destinee! Gosh, was I excited dat moment. There I was seated and watching Destinee's first time performing on the stage.

Dat's (circled in pink) Destinee with her classmates reciting 3 poems in Mandarin. I didn't expect my girl was chosen to be the announcer of the 3 poems. Before the start of a poem, she announced the title of the poem and 1, 2, 3, she and her classmates would start the poem. Destinee had been reciting the poems at home and practising in front of us but she didn't tell me the poems were for the concert. I felt proud of my girl (heehee). Don't be surprised her Malay classmate and best fren in class (the cute girl with the pom-pom) could recite very well too. I'm sure her mom is even prouder.


And finally the concert ended with the graduation of the 6-year students and the singing of the National Anthem and the Q-dees song.

I had a wonderful time watching the kids performed. It wasn't my first time watching kids perform but this time with my girl taking part, I enjoyed watching every second of it and with a different kind of perception. Aren't kids adorable? (of course when they don't misbehave and when they are not cranky, in short, when they are not naughty).

17 Comments:

At Thu Oct 04, 01:09:00 AM, Blogger slavemom said...

Des sure made u proud. Eh, their graduation concert so fast ah? That means their exam is even earlier? Need time to prep for the concert mah.

 
At Thu Oct 04, 11:31:00 AM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

Bravo Des!! You can perform in front of so many ppl. I see I also faint.

 
At Thu Oct 04, 01:49:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

Well Done Des...Mummy and Daddy are sooo proud of you...

 
At Thu Oct 04, 05:06:00 PM, Blogger Jacss said...

now i recalled that "seconds of my heart pounding with excitement, eagerness & curiosity" seeing my boys marching out to the stage for their performance in last year's Q-dees concert.

yes, as parents to the performing kids...felt so proud lor!!

good girl Des!!

But this year, there will not be any...only party i heard! Guess it must be very susah for the school to organise such concert!!

 
At Thu Oct 04, 05:06:00 PM, Blogger Oscar's Mommy said...

aawwww... dont you just love seeing them perform. i actually cried when i saw oscar on stage during his concert. suaku me!!!

 
At Thu Oct 04, 05:19:00 PM, Blogger mom2ashley said...

wah such a grand affair eh? I cant wait for ashley to participate in one of the school concerts !:)

 
At Fri Oct 05, 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Bravo Destinee! She not afraid at all!

Wien's turn next Nov. Now she is busy practicing her dancing at home too, kpc Lyon also dance with her! LOL

I can't wait for the actual date as I want to take video for her virgin dance performance on stage! hahaha...

 
At Fri Oct 05, 05:30:00 PM, Blogger Mommy said...

wah, you good la. worries over and des passed with flying colours. i'm still worrying about my son's concert leh...
-pek imm

 
At Fri Oct 05, 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

Tracy, yur tears running down or not seeing Destinee performing on grand stage like that? sure very touch ya *smile* :)

 
At Sat Oct 06, 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Ginie
Heehee, it's natural for a mom to be proud hor? Ya lor, didn't expect the concert was in conjunction with the graduation too. If I'm not mistaken, they had been preparing for the concert about a few months back.

Michelle
Auntie Michelle, I guess it was becos I was together with my classmates. If I was alone, I don't think I dared to go up the stage.

Chanel
Auntie Chanel, I'm sure my mommy was 'drifting', heehee.

Jaclyn
Haha, u felt dat way too? Don't know why hor? I was more excited than Des. Oh yes, it's really not easy to organise such a concert esp. with small kids.

Angie
U're not suaku lar. I understand how u felt. I'm sure u were not the only one who was too happy to see ur kid up the stage and those were tears of joy.

Dinah
No worries, u don't have to wait for long and u'll be as excited as I was.

Jesslyn
Haha, can't wait for the day for Wien to be up the stage? But I guess u've got used to Wien being up the stage oredi. Pappy did record Des's performances but they were not very clear, so, malu to put it up here. But the whole concert was being recorded by the school and I'm looking forward to the DVD.

Leoni
Actually I was not at all worried until the actual day of the concert. No worries, no worries, I'm sure Lik Jun will do well and make u proud too.

Chinnee
Aiyo, Chinnee, how did u figure out dat I had tears in my eyes leh? *shy shy* Tell u the truth, *whisper* I did have tears in my eyes when I watched Destinee performed but luckily it was dark (heehee).

 
At Sat Oct 06, 06:54:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

whoa...she's really a big girl now. bravo to des. I'm sure u enjoyed watchign the concert. Got video it boh

 
At Sat Oct 06, 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

mother instint mah....if i also i cry liao :) but good to let happy tears flow mah....

hey, Tracy, got a tag here http://www.demoments.net/blog/?p=1247 for you. not sure if u done it.

 
At Mon Oct 08, 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jazzmint
No 'videod' the whole performance wor cos the teacher told me it was recorded and will let parents have a DVD. I'm looking forget on getting my hands on it.

Chinnee
Dat tag's very new from Wen, I guess no one's done dat till now. Done the homework for u oredi.

 
At Tue Oct 09, 01:42:00 AM, Blogger sqkiki said...

U quickly tell..how much commission you earn from Serdang Q-Dees? You always promote their school one..me also kena liao..haha...wow..what a big events..I tot it will just a small concert, the principle did told me about the concert too. Didn't expect got so many attendants ler..

 
At Tue Oct 09, 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

eh from far i can recognise her although the pic so small. I recognise her two pony tail. then only i saw yr pink colour cirle *slap head*

Eh damn kan cheong right.. i wonder if i will be as kan cheong as u when it is Jayden's time.

 
At Tue Oct 09, 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Msau
Mana ada commission lar. If I have, sure will promote for them 'gau gau'. Told u so, u'll be tempted to register SQ there.

Sasha
Heehee, u recognised her signature 'ngau kok'?

I bet u'll be as excited and will have tears of joy too.

 
At Thu Oct 18, 01:07:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

2 more week will be my class turn and my son turn to dance on the stage, hope everything will be fine.

Bravo Des!!!This mommy worried too much..haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home