Tracy's Nest

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mid Year Assessment (2008)

It was time of the year to collect Destinee's mid year assessment from her school during the Teachers'/Parents' Meeting in June. As usual, it was I who had 'butterflies' in my stomach when it was my turn to meet Des's class teacher, Teacher Linda. I took a deep breath when Teacher Linda smiled and said "these are what u are waiting for" and handed me the papers (English, Bahasa Malaysia and Maths).

Recently, Des is being taught additions of tens and ones with tens and ones in school. I must admit dat Des is not very good as she's still confused with the tens and ones (she's still blur-blur which numbers are the tens and the ones and sometimes will write the answer the opposite way, eg. the answer to 74 + 15 is 89 but she will write 98 as the answer *sweats*). Teacher Linda remarked in her report card dat Des needed more practices. Well, I guess I need to 'brush' up her maths by letting her practise more.

After seeing Teacher Linda, I went to see Teacher Amanda (Des's Mandarin teacher) and was handed the result of Des's Chinese Assessment paper.


I told Teacher Amanda dat I'm a 'banana' in Mandarin and I felt grateful and happy when she agreed to help me by writing the 'hanyu pinyin' to the 'new' Chinese words in Des's reading book. Teacher Amanda told me Des has improved a lot in her Chinese reading and writing. When it comes to writing, she writes faster and neater now. Dat was quite a compliment.

When I've checked thru her papers, I heaved a sigh of relief. It was like I sat for the assessment and finally got thru *phew*.

And as for the reward she wanted:

Princess Coin Box

19 Comments:

At Sat Jul 12, 11:26:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

Well done Destinee!!!! You're one proud mommy!!!

 
At Sun Jul 13, 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Y-ling said...

Clever girl!

 
At Sun Jul 13, 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow, all get 100% kah, very good!

 
At Sun Jul 13, 02:34:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

Wow Des is smart! Bravo Des!

 
At Sun Jul 13, 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

wah....all 100/100 one ah? mummy must be so happy!!

 
At Mon Jul 14, 01:25:00 AM, Blogger slavemom said...

Well done, Des! And ur well-deserved reward is vy pretty. Of coz must give credit to Des' mommy too for the guidance n lessons at home. ;)

 
At Mon Jul 14, 02:41:00 PM, Blogger Magictree said...

Des...can auntie adopt you? Ha! Ha! Great job !!!And ask your mummy don't waste energy 'worrying' about youlah!

 
At Mon Jul 14, 05:37:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

war...sooo clever.....Well done

 
At Tue Jul 15, 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

wow, flying colors ler! Well done! Des....

 
At Tue Jul 15, 01:19:00 PM, Blogger laundryamah said...

wahhhhh,,,that's the results i'm dreaming that kieran can get but too bad it's only a dream! Destinee so dai sek...really good that you rewarded her! muaks to Destinee!

 
At Tue Jul 15, 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yvonne
I was indeed proud (heehee).

yling
Thank u, thank u for the compliment.

Sue
Heehee, ya lor.

Michelle
Des: Aunty Michelle, thank u, thank u. I'm sure Tim kor kor and Emily mei mei are smart too.

Chinnee
I really hope she will maintain her results like dat.

Ginie
I'm sure u'll agree with me dat it's no easy work to guide the kids hor? I know XY had very good results too.

Magictree
Des: Aiyo, Aunty Daisy, u want to adopt me? U'll 'vomit blood' like my mommy wor (heehee). *psst psst Aunty Daisy* I don't know why my mommy's always worrying and always telling me if I don't study hard, I'll have to sweep the streets in future which I don't wish.

Chanel
Des: Thank u, thank u Aunty Chanel.

Jess
Des: Thank u Aunty Jess. Wien jie jie oso did very well in her assessment scoring full marks in 7 subjects. She's so clever.

Amah
Aiyo Amah, cannot compare lar, Des's only in kindy whereas Kieran's in Primary school. The schoolwork in Primary school is 'killing'.

Steady lar, spend time with him when he's doing his homework and revise with him his daily school work. I'm sure Kieran will be able to achieve the results u want him to have.

 
At Wed Jul 16, 02:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very lucky, Tracy. Destinee is such a clever girl. 2 thumbs up to Des!

How I wish my boy will have such a good assessment report, but I have to feel satisfied for what he got!

 
At Wed Jul 16, 09:54:00 AM, Blogger Jacss said...

ooh...i'm so proud of yr lil girl! i'm douting my vision now...100 marks for all...???!!!
it must be d mumy's hard effort too besides her own talent!

 
At Wed Jul 16, 06:06:00 PM, Blogger shoppingmum said...

Bravo to Destinee. BTW, I notice that her Chinese name has a lot of strokes, she's really clever to be able to write her name by herself. :)

 
At Thu Jul 17, 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Very clever girl..She deserve the reward.

 
At Thu Jul 17, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger LHS said...

wow, she is a smart girl, all 100%!!

 
At Tue Jul 22, 04:42:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

wow she's doing vy well...and somemore can say weak in maths :|..congrats!!

 
At Sat Jul 26, 07:56:00 AM, Blogger Angeleyes said...

Clever girl Des!
I'm sure you are one proud mommy!

 
At Sun Jul 27, 12:15:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

She is so smart, score 100% in all paper. Clever gal!!

About the maths 10 and 1, you can ask des to write the 10 with (T) on top of 10 place and (O)on top of 1 place so she wont get confuse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home