Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Children's Day 2009

Destinee's school celebrated Children's Day on 30th October, 2009. There were a few events - Clown & Fan dance, Percussion, Wushu, individual performances – strumming of the guitar + singing, violin playing and games. Des participated in two of the events - Clown + Fan Dance and Feeding a bottle of drink to a classmate.

Doesn't she look funny?
The hat was so big dat 2 clips were needed to pin it in place
or ..... hmmmm ..... her head's too small? (hahaha).


Des and her classmates waiting for the 'Feeding Drink' game.
The kids were so excited.

Des 'feeding' Kai Wen. (Picture courtesy of Teacher Gooi)
Des said she likes Kai Wen *roll eyes* *sweats*.

The class's decorations and the yummy yummy food
brought by the parents.
There was a Children's Day cake and Gift Packs too.


The kids enjoying to the games of
'Passing the Balloons around' and
'大风吹' (Blowing of the Wind)


Musical Chair.


The kids munching away and enjoying the food.
There were so much food, expected by Teacher Gooi,
dat the kids were asked to bring along containers
to 'tar pau' the food back.

Get together and SMILEEEEEEE .......
The drawing on the white board was drawn by their
Art teacher, Teacher Loo.
The hats were made by the kids during Art class taught by
Teacher Loo too.


Another pic by the 'mischievous students' of Class 1 S with
their class teacher, Teacher Gooi and BM teacher, Cikgu Wee.


It was as if the kids were still in kindergarten and I'm sure they enjoyed themselves very much. They have the full attention from the teachers and every student has a chance in participating, be it in competitions or games. Dat's the privilege of being in a 'small' school (heehee).


CLASS PHOTO
Front: Chang Shiau Huei, Joey Kok, Ally Cheah (Monitor),
Joey Au, Christine Loh, Teacher Gooi, Joyce Yap, Yap Hoi Sei,
Chang Pei Shan, Destinee Lee
Back: Pang Kah Lok, Vernon Choo, Kenny Loh,
Thong Kai Wen (Asst. Monitor), Tham Yue Shuen, Ong Yuan Hung,
Thomas Loh, Kong Weng Yin, Leong Ying Hung, Nicholas Choo

I love this pic and I love these kids.
Mischievous yet cute little ones.
I'm sure they would have sometimes made their
teachers 'puke blood' and would like to
'cekik' them. (hahaha)




16 Comments:

At Tue Nov 10, 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Magictree said...

Really like still in kindergarten. Lucky girl....

 
At Tue Nov 10, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger michelle@mybabybay said...

Oh yeah, how come Tim's school do not have any class pictures.

 
At Wed Nov 11, 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Fishbee said...

the other students jealous to year 1 students cos their classroom fully ballon ~haha it like a birthday party ~ yahoo! Big day for the children ^^ ♥

wah~ many food yo~ thankssss parents sponsor ya ♥~~yummy~

y didn't put des dance pic ?full of energy n confident when she dancing yo~~ ♥

 
At Wed Nov 11, 05:15:00 PM, Blogger slavemom said...

That's a fun Primary School. The kids must be so happy the "big" school isn't so serious all the time.

 
At Thu Nov 12, 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

So nice to be in a small class. My girl's kindy class had more children.

Looks like a really celebration. My girl's class has 39 students and on children's day party they all still have to wear school uniform so formal.

 
At Thu Nov 12, 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Magictree - Ya lor, the teachers treat them like they're still in kindy but I guess it's only for this year.

Michelle - How come? I thought every school would have their class photo taken by now.

Fish - Sure jeolous lor, how come they din decorate their class hor? I oso found dat it was ur class dat was decorated only. The kids really enjoyed themselves very much.

I did took the dance event from my camera but silly me doesn't know how to upload. Must go and get advices from my 'sifus' first.

Ginie I think I would prefer to put my girl in this 'small' school. She enjoys herself in school very much now and getting 'braver' too.

I heard from my friends who send their kids to those 'branded' schools, if they are not of those 'smart' ones, the teachers just couldn't be bothered.

Mumsgather - Hahaha, there are more Std. 1 students in other schools than ALL the students in Des's school. There're only 200+ students in the school! Yes, from Std. 1 - Std. 6, a very small but 'old' school indeed - surviving for 49 years oredi but funny dat a lot of ppl haven't heard of its name when I tell them the name of the school - too small to be noticeable gua *heehee*.

Oh, if there're any celebrations, the kids are supposed to wear their sports attire - more comfortable.

 
At Thu Nov 12, 02:36:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

it is sooo nice to see her having fun and enjoying herself in the school...

 
At Thu Nov 12, 03:17:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chanel - Oh yes, I can heaved a sigh of relief now dat she likes going to school and have friends. For the 1st 6 mths, I really had 'nightmares' - she kept asking for her kindy friends, she had no close friends, she cried for 6 months every morning she reached school.

Really appreciate what her class teacher did. She has a way of handling the students.

 
At Thu Nov 12, 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Fishbee said...

Dear tracy's fren♥:
We welcome u send ur children to Nan Kai school study yo ~~ Nankai is behind the hospital Tong Shin.....

haha ^^ tracy ,i try to promote nankai school in ur blog........haha i veey 很厚脸皮~~ wakaka

 
At Fri Nov 13, 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Fish - No problem, I'm trying to promote the school to my friends too. It's indeed a good school, don't understand why some parents 'die die' (like giving 'donations' 'table money') oso must send their kids to 'branded' schools.

 
At Fri Nov 13, 04:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that's great! I don't know Primary School still has that celebration.

Lucky you send Des there. It looks like she loves the school, teachers n frens. :)

 
At Sat Nov 14, 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Fishbee said...

'branded' schools = hight class ppl ma , said u from branded school wo also got faces ma~~~haha this v call "die want face"

donate $1000 to school wo,whatever fully seat also can say hv seat~~~ 50 students in 1 class ~ pengsan liao

for me i choice to send my children to small school ,cos i came from big school (50 students in a class) , i never take part school activity hmmm..... never talk to teacher.

 
At Sat Nov 14, 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Martini - I'm sure this type of celebrations only happen in small schools. Yes, I'm glad I sent Des to this school.

Fish - Exactly, that happened to a few of my friends who sent them to these 'branded' schools and now they tell me they regretted.

Actually I registered Des to the school in Cheras (neh, the one behind the badminton court) but luckily was rejected. I wanted to appeal but the principal told me frankly dat no use to appeal cos there were so many Std. 1 classes and 1 class there were about 40+ pupils. Wao lao ... dat scared me off.

Another thing is dat I'm sure these schools will only tend to the smart students and to boost them so dat it'll not downgrade the school's name (u get what I mean).

I know my girl cannot easily adapt to new environment and with lots of students, I'm sure she would be scared off too. Luckily Nini recommended me to this school. She learnt to be independent and getting braver too. Thank u so much for the teachers esp. u for improving her and the encouragement u gave her. Her Chinese improved too.

 
At Tue Nov 17, 07:00:00 PM, Blogger coffeesncookies said...

Looks like a very elaborate Children's Day for her. I remember mine and I was excited for days !!
All these events are part of her childhood memories.
P/S I only realised it's Barney not Barbie.. you are very sharp. I read the post so many times and not realise the mistake. Thanks !!!

 
At Tue Nov 17, 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

Dee really looks very tall hor..so sweet to see her feeding her "bf" there, hehehe....

 
At Fri Nov 27, 07:47:00 AM, Blogger Mumzzy said...

haha i like the 'bf' part. cute innocent kids :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home