Tracy's Nest

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mushrooms & Veggie in Nam Yue

Ingredients:
5 black mushrooms (soaked and cut into 4s if the mushrooms are big)
8 button mushrooms (cut into halves)
1 pkt Enoki (straw mushrooms)
Tung Fun (Soh Hoon) (soaked)
Carrots (sliced)
Green Mustard (Kai choy) (cut into pieces)
11/2 pcs. Nam Yue
2 pieces garlic (chopped)
A bowl of water

Seasoning:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour (for thickening)

Method:
1. Heat pan with oil, fry garlic and nam yue until fragrant.
2. Pour in green mustard. Fry until the greens are soft. Add in carrots, mushrooms and continue frying.
3. Add in seasoning and water and bring to boil.
4. Add in tung fun. Fry to mix mushrooms, carrots, green mustard with the tung fun.


5. Dish up and serve.

Below is a dish which pappy loves and I 'copied' from Twinsmom – Fish fried with Spring Onion, Ginger (giong chung yue pin). I used Dory Fish Fillet. As for the recipie, pls get it from Twinsmom's blog.

The result: Outlook is not as nice and delicous looking compared to Twinsmom's. *shame* BUT the taste is simply delicious.

10 Comments:

At Thu May 04, 08:19:00 AM, Blogger mom2ashley said...

tracy....you should contribute to http://mybabybay.com/cookblog/ as well..all the other mommies are posting all theur yummy recipes there including zara's mama, jazzmint, allyfeel, twinsmom...etc etc

 
At Thu May 04, 10:09:00 AM, Blogger blurblur said...

Woo...another fav dish of mine..erm..ya, basically i LOVE food, so..erm..i got a lot of fav dish lah..;p

Very appetizing...;)

 
At Thu May 04, 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Dinah:
Contribute to cookblog? Very paiseh to say I 'copied' the recipes from them wor and my dishes can only be shown in my blog - too shameful to be shown to others.

Blurblur:
Ya ya, sometimes for a change, I go for those vegetarian dishes.

 
At Fri May 05, 12:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah must put your recipes there!!

 
At Fri May 05, 01:57:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

come on, put in cookblog, easier for us to search!
my hubby dislike nam yue as he claimed it is chinese's chou taufu! lol

 
At Fri May 05, 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sshh... my fish also same like your, just that... i took cloed up shot mah, so... LOL... look better lor :P.

 
At Fri May 05, 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Maria:
Trust me the dish is very delicious and pappy asked me when I'm cooking again (heehee). I told him when I get hold of the dory fillet first cos I can't find other fish in the market which has no bones.

 
At Sat May 06, 04:50:00 PM, Blogger LHS said...

I think the spring onion was over cooked.

Next time you can try on "Pork rib with nam yue"!

 
At Mon May 08, 09:28:00 AM, Blogger ZMM said...

I like to make zhai choy too... but I use lots of fuchook and tim chook..

Btw, how come suddenly you site also became food blog liao?

 
At Mon May 08, 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Hui Sia:
Wah, u are so observant. Bingo, u noticed the spring onions were overcooked. (psst, psst, I like my veggies to be on the a bit over-cooked side cos I dislike the 'chau cheng' [uncooked veggie] smell).

Wooeee, pork ribs with nam yue is another of my favourite. Actually I had done dat too and have pics of dat (I'll post it on another day).

Zara's Mama:
Actually hor, dat dish is another kind of 'zhai choy'. It's only dat this one is more to the mushrooms kind.

Suddenly the blogging of food fever is on mar. (psst, psst I love cooking and am trying the dishes which Twinsmom posted)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home