Tracy's Nest

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pics 1 (this and that)

Destinee loves to make herself comfortable either on the sofa, lazy chair or bed and loves to cover herself with her travel blanket cum pillow and lots of pillows, bolsters and her toys.
June bought this travel blanket cum pillow for Des from HKG

Destinee at her own computer. I didn't want her to disturb me when I'm working on my computer, so, bought her this.Destinee: "Pappy, don't disturb me. Aaahhhhhh!!!!!!! Game over oredi."
Sometimes I do allow her to play with my PC. One of her favourites - Higglytown Heroes. See, she's very good at manoeuvring the mousie.
Des hurt her little finger last week. She was playing with Pappy's cabinet and accidentally scratched her little finger on the glass pane. She wailed immediately after seeing some blood dripped from the finger and she was sooo scared. Pappy quickly applied yellow lotion to it and the blood stop dripping after a while. She held her hand upwards, dared not move or touch anything with the hand and did not allow anyone of us to touch it too. Pappy teased her dat the part of the finger had to be 'chopped' off. She wailed louder and hid in her room. Pappy, maid and I had a good laugh. This was the first time she hurt herself so seriously (with blood dripping). Dat really taught her a lesson. From dat day onwards, she dared not go near to the cabinet again.


GOOD NEWS!

Destinee finally weaned off her 'choot choot' (since 30th April, 2006). It wasn't so difficult as I predicted. My frens told me their kids would cry for one whole week yearning for their pacifiers. I didn't expect it took Destinee 2 days to forget about her 'choot choot'. *really hurts to see her sad face and to deprive her of one of her favourite companion*

I was so worried she would cry at nite but much to my surprise, she DIDN'T. I told her the monkey (again?) stole her 'choot choot'. She believed me but not without asking me to buy a new one for her. I came up with a story dat the Uncle in the store was not selling any more and told her I would buy from somewhere else. *hahaha* She BELIEVED me again until she completely forgot about it. She really deserves a 'muahmuahmuah' from Pappy, Mommy and Kakak.


One last look and this is for the blog in rememberance of Destinee's "Choot Choot". *silent sob sob from Destinee* *Bye-bye Choot-Choot* (this pic was taken by Destinee herself from her Pappy's Digital camera before it was 'stolen' by the bad bad monkey)

21 Comments:

At Thu May 11, 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Egghead said...

growing up to be a computer whiz-kid liao wor... veli clever Des!

 
At Thu May 11, 10:14:00 AM, Blogger blurblur said...

i'm trying to wean Damien off his pacifier too!(he only use it when he wants to sleep) Maybe i can try your method...But Des very good, took only 2 days to forget about it, and did not kick up a real fuss...good girl..

I may not be so lucky with Damien..that terror...;p

 
At Thu May 11, 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

Ahhh, the little white lies us mama tells. Haha. Next time Destiny will grow up, read your blog and say "Mama lied to me!" kekeke.

 
At Thu May 11, 01:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah her baju pattern is same as the mattress, can comouflage her liao.

 
At Thu May 11, 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Magictree said...

Destinee is one lucky girl with all the luxuries around here. Hmmmm....my kids never had 'choot-choot' so I didn't realise I was spared from a 'difficult' task.!

 
At Thu May 11, 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Egghead:
Computer whiz-kid? Far from it. But she's very interested. She can continue playing for hours if we don't restrict her.

Blurblur:
Oh, didn't know Damien still needs his pacifier. Before I tried, I thought of applying chilly or medicated oil (as taught by some frens) but come to think of it - it's oredi so pitiful to see her weep in silence and to deprive her of her favourite thing, put chilly or medicated oil - arrrghhh - I don't think I can do dat to torture her.

Who knows? Cos weaning off Des's choot choot was easier than I thought. I had my worries too.

Mumsgather:
*tongue out* No choice, sometimes have to tell little white lies.

Michelle:
Hahaha, if u didn't mention, I didn't notice dat.

Zara's Mama:
Haha, ya lor, so long farewell choot choot.

Kids are very innocent and 'hor oi' beings.

And Zara has the most wonderful and tastiest choot choots (heehee).

Magictree:
Oh yes, Des is one lucky kid.

U are lucky u are spared from the task but I know u have one coming up i.e. to wean No. 2 off his milk bottle (heehee).

 
At Thu May 11, 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

really la, pacifier can threw away like dat, but not thumb! Wien still curi curi suck her thumb ler..sigh..
fr pic Destinee look elder than wien hor! but in person she look like a mei mei!

 
At Thu May 11, 05:11:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

first time hurt? aiyo, wien duno how many times lor! she very tomboy la!

 
At Thu May 11, 05:16:00 PM, Blogger LHS said...

My JO used 2 days to wean off too. He didn't cry at all, he just rolled and rolled non-stop when come to the bedtime. Easy,huh?

 
At Thu May 11, 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jess:
True, true, thumb sucking is more difficult to wean off. Can curi curi suck hor?

Heehee, ya lor, Des looks more mature than Wien in pics.

Des oso gets hurt with bruises every now and then but with the blood dripping was the first time (she's a very timid girl). Tell her not touch dangerous things, she'll not touch.

Hui Sia:
*Hi Five* Didn't expect it was so easy and made me worried and scared for so long as to when and how to wean her.

 
At Fri May 12, 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hehe...I guess you are the big bad monkey who stole the "choot choot" away....Luckily, Keith never take choot choot for long. Only 2 mths, that oso b'coz MIL insisted. Smart boy knows wat's a dummy and wat's an original choot choot.Hehe

 
At Fri May 12, 05:26:00 PM, Blogger Princess Yoyo & family said...

your girl really know how to relax, she looks like a tired princess in the picture.^^ beautiful.

 
At Fri May 12, 05:34:00 PM, Blogger lisaOne said...

she look very pretty with her china doll hair style.

this post will be something she will laugh out loud later in her life :)

 
At Sat May 13, 05:05:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sabrina:
Shhhh .... u know I know is enough.

Luckily u are oso spared the task. Ya ya ya, how smart of Keith to differentiate. The original is always the BEST!

Princess YoYo's mummy:
Oh yes, dat girl of mine really knows how to 'tan sei kai' (relax and make herself comfortable).

Lisa:
Heehee, she has been spotting dat hairstyle since the day her hair is long enough to be trimmed.

I'm sure she'll be able to laugh about whole thing provided I don't blogicide my blog.

 
At Sun May 14, 01:27:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

She so good got her own computer :) My kids all no need 'choot choot', so i no need weaned off any 'choot choot' from them. I dun like they eat those pacifiers so very early i weaned off since they just 7 or 8 months old. My son dun like it either maybe because he is bf baby, so he dun like it. Waste my money try so many pacifier on him.

 
At Sun May 14, 01:27:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sun May 14, 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

1+2 mom:
U are another lucky mom. It's true dat it was a waste of money and I had to buy so many pacifiers for my girl.

Another problem we faced was we had to find her choot choot all over the house when she misplaced it somewhere. Yippee, gone were the days!

 
At Mon May 15, 02:01:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

haiya...naughty Monkey, must go beat the monkey kekeke...she's very easily contended with 1 story huh.

poor girl, cut her finger...hope she's ok liao now.

 
At Mon May 15, 12:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grasp* so pain pain, I see also feel pain, have to becareful lor Des.

eh, one day we have to meet lar, want to meet Des in person, because hor she really really so much like Anna lor.

 
At Mon May 15, 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wah, really like princess on her comfy chair. Anyway, I noticed your dinosaur table. Where did you get it ah?

 
At Mon May 15, 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jazzmint:
Shhhh ... don't tell Des which monkey, okay? (heehee) Oh yes, I dunno why she believes in Monkey stealing her things (like sometimes I won't let her have sweets, I'll tell her Monkey stole oredi, she'll believe - good thing about her).

Oh, her finger healed very fast and she was so proud, showing to us and telling us dat "No more pain pain".

Maria:
Ya lor, so pain pain. She dared not touch the cabinet again.

Hahaha, I'm sure Destinee will meet ur Belles. I'm hoping for dat day too. U are always welcome to my place. Ur Belles can play in the swimming pool too.

Lian:
Good to have u visiting my blog. Sorry to tell u dat I've been lurking in ur blog but didn't comment.

Haha, my girl always calls herself "Princess" and likes to dress up like one.

Oh, dat dinosaur table? I bought it from a furniture shop near my place for RM20. Came together with a chair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home