Tracy's Nest

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Des is in Kindy!

Oh yes, DESTINEE FINALLY WENT TO KINDY TODAY!

Des was not at all looking excited or worried but it was mommy who was excited and worried! I had a sleepless nite yesterday and could only go to sleep at about 5 this morning! I was worried about this and dat – worried about how Des's going to take it the first day in school; will she be able to wake up on time; will she cry; will she be able to mix around; will she understand what the teacher is saying; will she know what to say when she wants to drink or go to the washroom and etc, etc, etc???? All these were in my mind the whole nite (those who have not sent their kids to pre-schools or nurseries, DON'T LAUGH, trust me, u'll have ur day. Those who had sent their kids to school the very first day will understand the anxieties I'm going thru). Pappy said I was worrying over such teeny weeny matters. I know my girl will get used to the enviroment but still it was natural to worry, isn't it? *duh*

At 7 this morning, I was up and couldn't get back to sleep. Surprisingly, Des woke up at 7.30 a.m. without having me to 'drag' her up. She drank her milo, brushed her teeth, washed her face, changed into her uniform, wore her socks and shoes WITHOUT any fuss! Dat was indeed a great start. (heehee, maybe she thought she was going to school to play)
a
Des in her kindy uniform
a
As Pappy and I were getting Des to school, my fren came over with her daughter (one of Des's best frens, Shuet Shuet). Managed to take a snapshot of both of them. Shuet Shuet is going to the kindy opposite the place we are staying whereas Des is going to one a little farther.
a

Des with Shuet Shuet

Reached the kindy right on time before the teacher started. There were about 15 kids in the classroom. There were 3 boys and a pair of twin girls crying their heads off. One boy was shouting for his grandma and was struggling away from a teacher who was holding him back. One boy urinated while crying! Gasp! Felt so disheartening upon seeing the scene. I guess it's the same case in any other kindy. What to do? The kids have to get used to going to school and I'm sure the teachers will know how to handle them. In my mind, I was really scared Des might cry and urinate too. I stayed near the door and peeped for a while and after seeing her settling down, I quickly sneaked off without her noticing for fear she would not stay if I were to inform her dat I was going off.

The kindy's hours are from 8.30 a.m. to 12 noon. As the whole week is orientation week, the school will start at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 10.30 a.m. Not wanting to wait for 2 hours, Pappy and I decided to have our breakfast and roamed around. As I was having my bowl of noodles soup, I had mixed feelings about Des in class again *tongue out*. We went back to the kindy at about 10.15 a.m. and had to wait until the class was dismissed.

I could see the class teacher leading Des out. She was looking okay ... but ..... I was told dat Des cried for a while after I left *slap head*. The teacher oso told me Des wanted to go to sleep at about 9 ish! Gosh! Wanted to go to sleep in class? Dat girl of mine still doesn't know she is in school yet.

I had to wait for a while for the Auntie who was supposed to pick Des from school. I have to get to know her in person although she was recommended by the Principal of the kindy. When I saw her, she was not up to my expectation! She was not only 'lau sau' (untidy), she was clumsy-looking and most importantly, she was not kids-friendly at all. Des didn't want to get into her car (her car was smelly) and Auntie was sort of impatient. She cried and clinged on to me. I told Auntie dat I would take Des back for today and she had to start picking Des from tomorrow. Dead. I had oredi paid for the transportation fee and I have to 'hunt' for another Auntie. (psst, psst, Msau, if u are reading this, do u think u can help me?)

On the way back home, I asked Des if she liked school. She told me she doesn't want to go to school again! Dead again. Dat was what I feared most. But after coaxing her and reasoning with her, she told me she would like to go to school but she wouldn't like Auntie to pick her up. I know what's in her mind. She's afraid dat Auntie is going to be her nanny and dat she'll be taking care of her. She did have a bad experience when she was under the care of her ex-nanny and she's having phobia of Auntie trying to 'take her away' from me. Poor girl.

Guess I really have to have a good talk with this little girl of mine tonite to reassure her or my worries will still be 'haunting' me until she's really settled.

18 Comments:

At Wed Jan 03, 05:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me also kiasu like u, worry this n that...now i only hope she will not CRY, then enough liao!

 
At Thu Jan 04, 12:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's the same for all parents (mothers, especially) of 1st time kindy-goers. I stayed with XY the whole time (1.5 hrs - orientation wk, shorter hrs). Luckily she din cry or ask to go home. But she seemed a bit blur and lost. The scene of the 1st day seemed a little chaotic. (is it the same everywhere?) And her class teacher had her hands full with a few crying students. I hope things will get under ctrl vy soon.
Don't worry too much abt Des. I'm sure she'll adapt well. Hope her transportation issue is solved soon.

 
At Thu Jan 04, 01:02:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

what could I say, blog about your experience and share with us :)...I'm still far from D day, but shall start collecting tips.

No worries, I'm sure Des will enjoy classes soon once the activities kick in

 
At Thu Jan 04, 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Allyfeel said...

Happy New Year to You and Family. First day too. Huh, bb wasn't doing all that well too and he said he doesn't want to go to school too. :(

 
At Thu Jan 04, 12:40:00 PM, Blogger sqkiki said...

sure I can help ...when I become SAHM ahh...hehe...
I tot that school have swimming pool should be very attractive wan dim..hmm..seem like she really scare of tat aunty ler..sure or not? so terrible punya meh?

 
At Thu Jan 04, 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Congratulation!!Des in kindy!! Time flies isn;t that?? I'm gonna wait for few more years..

 
At Thu Jan 04, 05:39:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

That transport aunty doesn't sound good eh! Change lar.
Lucky for me, I found one parent staying near my house to send & fetch my girl.
For my girl she's ok. Her school divide the students age 5&6 go on Wed&Thu while 3&4 go on Fri. I'm sure Fri there will more crying kids. Whereas these 2 days, most of the kids are "experienced", so I din see any crying. But my girl told me one boy in her class cried.

 
At Fri Jan 05, 01:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, Q-Dees student. You very rich leh. Kindie children cry nevermind. Standard One liao still cry. Geramnya. (Not my child. Other ppl's children). During my daugther's kindie year, after school hour, I hide and watch from my car instead of greeting my child cos I know once she see me, she will clinge on my. Wah, transport also have to pay upfront meh?

 
At Fri Jan 05, 02:03:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

dun worry la..when she have new frens she will be more willing to go to sch. But about the auntie...just change her la

 
At Fri Jan 05, 04:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really laugh when u mentioned she wants to sleep at 9am! hahahaha
so cute lar Des. :D

 
At Fri Jan 05, 05:00:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jess
I'm sure we are not the only ones who worry. Guess it's natural for mommies to worry. So, did Wien cry?

Ginie
I guess it's the same chaotic scene in every kindy and school during the first day.

Oh, XY's in kindy oredi? Good to hear dat she didn't cry and was able to adapt herself. Des was okay today (3rd day) when I sent her and she called me just now and told me she didn't cry.

Jazz
Ha, u can start collecting infos now but don't say u got way to go leh, Faythe will be in kindy in no time.

Jess
I'm sure we are not the only ones who worry. Guess it's natural for mommies to worry lar. So, did Wien cry?

Ginie
I guess it's the same chaotic scene in every kindy and school during the first day.

Ha, XY's in kindy oredi? Good to hear dat she didn't cry and was able to adapt herself. Des was okay today (3rd day) when I sent her and she called me just now and told me she didn't cry.

Ally
My girl still refused to go to school today and was so cranky. But after I left her with the teacher, she was okay. Guess we got to be patient.

Msau
psst, psst, when are u going to be SAHM? I'll be one after the CNY *shuddering*

I thought of asking u to help me find someone u know who can chauffeur my girl after school but seems dat she's okay with the Auntie, so just let her try for a month first lor.

Linda
True, time really flies. I'm sure Thaddeus will be in kindy in no time too.

Annie
Haiyo, I was trying to find an Auntie staying in my place to transport my girl too but don't seem to know of anyone leh. So I got the recommendation from the Principal of the kindy. But so far the Auntie is okay and sticking to her for the time being.

Wah, ur Ah Girl din cry ar? How nice.

Jessie
Aiyo, 'wua mana rich lar'. I had been surveying around and I was impressed by the school and the environment and she was happy during Open Day so ... made up my mind to send her there lor.

Haha, today I left her with a teacher and I quickly jumped into the car for fear dat she would cling to me. Without me around, I'm sure she'll be able to adapt.

Ya lor, had to pay the Auntie transportation fees first.

Sasha
I'm sure she will and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm not changing the Auntie for the time being cos I think my girl is used to seeing her now, so don't want to 'scare' my girl by changing lar.

Miche
Heehee, ya lor, she thought she's like at home, can sleep whenever she wants.

 
At Fri Jan 05, 05:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Des looks so tall. Don't worry lah, she will get use to it. She will learn to adapt. Let loose ;)

Is tat the uniform?

 
At Fri Jan 05, 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Michelle
She's short compared to her classmates and the skinniest one *duh*.

Ya ya, I guess I've to let loose. Too tensed these few days.

Yup, dat's the kindy's uniform and she's carrying the kindy's bag. The fees include uniform, bag, gym's outfit, books and stationeries. For swimming attire, the kids have to wear under their uniform on dat particular day.

 
At Sat Jan 06, 12:03:00 PM, Blogger laundryamah said...

it's ok one..kieran oso cried for 10 days when i sent him to kindy last time..now even std one oso he's not nervous at all!

 
At Sat Jan 06, 03:24:00 PM, Blogger IMMomsDaughter said...

Been there and done that, so I'm not laughing. Des will be fine anyway but hope she has gotten over the nanny experience that you mentioned.

 
At Sun Jan 07, 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

LaundryAmah
Kieran cried for 10 days? Heehee, I felt a lot better upon hearing dat. U made my day! At least Des was okay on the 3rd day.

Imm
Oh, thanks for not laughing. U too had dat kind of anxieties when u sent Ryan to school? *shake hands*

I think Des had a very bad experience with her ex-nanny, she doesn't even want to go to her place now (she was sort of 'abused' there). So when she doesn't want to go to school, I'll ask her whether she prefers to go to her ex-nanny's place or school, immediately she will say she wants to go to school!

 
At Wed Jan 10, 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Desperate Mummy said...

Em.. don't worry so much as sometime those auntie really got some "Ngok Sei" faces which make kids scared. Maybe later when Des used to it she will be ok.

 
At Thu Jan 11, 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Desperate Mummy
Haiyo, if I'm to tell u dat I'm not worried, dat's really not true. Until today (Des has been attending school for the past 1 week oredi), I'm still as worried, just cannot let loose. I guess I'll only let loose when I know dat Des is really settled down .... sigh ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home