Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Special cake

Guess most people haven't tasted this cake before (except 'Malaccans'). To my knowledge it can only be found in Malacca. Jason was asking me whether I would like to try the cake the other day as he was making some orders and would be delivering them to KL. The cake featured in his blog looks very delicious and unique. So, maybe I should give it a try to see whether if it's as delicious as what he described (if it's not nice, I'll throw it back at him, hahaha).

There are 3 kinds of flavours – original, green tea and cheese. As I don't quite like the taste of green tea or cheese, I ordered the original flavour. Jason was not familiar with the area where I stay, I had to meet him at a place where he could hand me the cake. I was lucky dat Msau ordered a cake from Jason too and she could drive me to get the cake from him. Yesterday was the first time I met Jason whereas Msau has met him a number of times.

View of the whole cake which was proportionately cut.
The whole cake cost me RM65 but it was worth it.

The layers of the cake.

It was what Jason described:

"The cake actually consists of 19 to 20 slices of cream and “pancake”. As in, first layer of crust, then followed by a layer of cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust, then cream, then crust".

What I can describe is dat the cake is simply deliiiiiiciiioooous, no doubt it's a bit creamy! If there's strawberry flavour, I'm sure it'll taste more 'slurp slurp slurp'. Pappy was not in favour of cakes and at one glance at it, he said "so creamy". I gave him a piece to try and I told him if at one bite he didn't like, I can finish off for him. He tried the first bite, he said "very weird". After dat he 'walloped' the whole piece and went to get his 2nd!

U want to know more about the Mille Crepe, visit here.

Nice meeting u in person, Jason! And thank u very muchie for recommending the Mille Crepe (no worries, I won't throw the cake back at u). Hahaha.

21 Comments:

At Tue Jan 23, 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

is this a new post? haha cos i always end up in yr backdated post leh. Eh nice ler....yummy looking!

 
At Tue Jan 23, 01:56:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Sasha
Haiya, u dreaming ar? This is a new post lar.

Haiyo, I tell u hor, the cake is really really delicious. I'm in the office now but my mind's thinking of the cake. Kekekekeke.

 
At Tue Jan 23, 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

wei, i also leh... ur post always backdated in my bloglines also....
and the cake looks yummie.... SLURP SLURP

 
At Tue Jan 23, 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Aiyo, reading your post is making me more hungry now... still got ar? I go over your place now har!

 
At Tue Jan 23, 06:50:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

oo mille crepe...yum yum...eh there's a shop in kl oso selling this, must go try someday, read some review says it's good

 
At Tue Jan 23, 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Desperate Mummy said...

Wah! Yummy-yummy lar Tracy feel like wan to eat hehehe!

 
At Wed Jan 24, 11:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send some over here...:P~~~

 
At Thu Jan 25, 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Allyfeel said...

*Drooling non stop* Wah sai...I also want to try, look so yummylicious!

 
At Thu Jan 25, 01:47:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Dear All
The cake is really very delicious finger licking good (cos I peel each layer to eat, heehee). But very soli lor, all GONE liao.

Jazz
Are u sure there's a shop in KL selling Mille Crepe? Where? Where? Where? I was told the cake could only be found in the one and only shop in M'cca wor. *wondering*

 
At Thu Jan 25, 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

warrrrr...i WANTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! PLS..JAZZ...TELL WHERE IN KL GOT THIS?????

 
At Thu Jan 25, 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

paiseh paiseh...me Melaka lang , but not yet try it!

 
At Thu Jan 25, 03:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've tried the original, cheese and rum & raisin....my fav still the rum & raisin!! ahahhahah....absolutely yummylicious...BUT

not those mille crepe in food foundry, pj though...not nice at all...eventhough it's mille crepe but the best still in melaka's :p

if u drop by melaka must visit them...very nice and modern interior too..keke

 
At Thu Jan 25, 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Tracy, there's one in KL, no doubt. It's in Petaling Jaya Section 17's Food Foundry. But trust me, theirs is nothing close to Nadeje.

They copied their idea and even how they came up with the cake. Just another copycat. :)

Try it and you will know.

 
At Fri Jan 26, 11:17:00 AM, Blogger LHS said...

Oh,i wanna eat this cake la...looked so yummy.

 
At Sat Jan 27, 01:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah... yummy looking cake wor...






You've been tagged too! :P

 
At Sun Jan 28, 01:26:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

Yes..it so delicious, i got 1 too :P I told Jason next time come to KL dun forgot to call me oder it again :)

 
At Thu Feb 01, 11:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I tried the cake at Food Foundry and I quite like it. Jason said Nadeje is better...hmmm...gotta try then.

How to order?

 
At Sat Feb 03, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger laundryamah said...

WHERE???? saliva dripping leow!!

 
At Mon Feb 05, 10:00:00 AM, Blogger mIcHe said...

jason very cute hor??? :D

 
At Thu Feb 08, 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo... can imagine the taste soft-soft dei, moist-moist dei. nice!

 
At Thu Mar 15, 08:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 1st time i ate this cake was in Japan. You can easily find this cake in most cafes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home