Tracy's Nest

Friday, March 09, 2012

An Qing Ban (安亲班) - Daycare Centre


After contemplating for some time, I finally sent Destinee to her school’s ‘an qing ban’ (安亲班 - daycare centre) last week. When she came back I asked her how she felt about the place? She said ‘I like the place and the teachers esp. Teacher Liew’! *keeping my fingers crossed it’s not a 3-minute thingy and she'll continue to like the place*

Before sending her to the 'an qing ban', I sent her to a tuition centre but was too hectic for her, Pappy and me. She had homework from the tuition centre too apart from having homework from school.

At 3.30 pm, after she finishes school, she’ll go to the 'an qing ban'. Snacks and drinks (fried/soup noodles, cakes, biscuits, milo, ribena, orange juice) are provided. After finishing her snack, she has to wash her own utensils and put them back in their proper place.

After completing her homework, the teachers will advise her to revise the day’s subjects and sometimes will have to do some exercises from workbooks. She'll also be allowed to watch TV programmes, play on the computer if time permits (which she’s not allowed to do so at home during school days) and play games (badminton, volleyball, chess ...).

The most important thing is that I don't have to worry and stress myself over her homework. At the 'an qing ban', after she has done her homework, the teachers will check and will help her correct the ones she has done incorrectly. If she isn’t sure of how to do, the teachers will guide her. At home (before she went to the 'an qing ban') she'll dilly dally with her homework and to get her to do her homework, I'll need to raise my voice and I really cannot coach her with the Chinese subjects.

Sending her to 'an qing ban' really saves me a lot of time and 'blood cells'. I highly recommend 'an qing ban' to parents who don't have time to guide their kids with their homework.

Yeah, I’ve more ‘me’ time now!

More to read about the 安亲班 here:

http://niniyeo.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-post_28.html

4 Comments:

At Fri Mar 09, 06:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

save your "blood cells", kekeke...

You are right! I am in the same boat. I can't tahan keep calling my boy to do his homework too, so started this year I send him to a tuition centre which provides free homework guidance if he takes all the subjects from Mon to Fri.

He can enter the homework class before or after his tuition. One of his classmates is there too, so the tuition teacher can help me to double check his homework in case needed. :)

 
At Fri Mar 09, 08:16:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

This is in the school itself...even better...

 
At Tue Mar 13, 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Chinneeq said...

Teacher certainly teaches better than us :(

 
At Thu Mar 22, 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

wah this is good. Maybe i will send my son to an qing ban also when he is in year 1. but how come.. i see u less in fb edi?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home