Tracy's Nest

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Burnt!

This was what happened when I blog hopped this morning. I burnt the pot of porridge I was cooking!

GOODNESS!

I forgot completely about what I was doing and enjoyed myself blog hopping as there was no work from office today. It didn't occurred to me the pot of porridge was slowly drying until I smelled something burning! I rushed to the kitchen and quickly switched off the gas stove but *gaks* too late. Darn! It was not the porridge I was worried, I was more worried about MY POT! This is the 3rd burnt pot! The last 2 were not so lucky and were unable to be rescued – burnt beyond recognition (even the cover was black)! One pot, I was cooking red beans soup until the beans were cooked until like black coffee beans. Another pot, I was cooking soup until the ingredients were like they were burnt after a fire. Where was I? Both times I was out chatting with my neighbours in their house *blek*.

Immediately my mind thought "if Pappy comes to know dat I burnt the pot becos I was busy BLOG HOPPING ............ die die die". Pappy always use the pot to cook his favourite mee. What and how am I going to explain what happened to the pot? *shhhhhhh*


I quickly poured the porridge into a plastic bag and soaked the pot with water, after which I put the pot onto the stove again and boiled the burnt parts hoping dat the burnt parts will come off but too bad they were were too stubborn.

Scrapping off with a spoon and the parts slowly came off.

I tried scrapping with a spoon and the parts slowly came off! I then scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with my trusty 'A' scrub bud until the stains ..... wa la ...... the pot was 'lap lap ling' (shiny) again. Phew! Luckily I was able to rescue this pot. See ........

So my frens, now u know why I have so many 'sa pou ang chang' (pots and pans) in the house. Heehee.

17 Comments:

At Tue Jul 24, 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Mummy to QiQi said...

wah....Tracy, lucky u din burn the whole house down...agree here that blogging can really makes one go lost one...haha

 
At Tue Jul 24, 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chinnee
Aiyo, touch wood touch wod lor. Really need to becareful so from now on I leave the lights and the ventilation fans to remind me dat there's 'something cooking' in the kitchen, heehee.

 
At Wed Jul 25, 12:16:00 AM, Blogger slavemom said...

oooh.. be more careful next time ya. It's a good habit to chk if u're cooking anything in the kitchen b4 stepping out of the hse.
Luckily the pot can be 'rescued' this time. Otherwise, u're gonna get a long lecture from Pappy. hehehe

 
At Wed Jul 25, 02:09:00 AM, Blogger jazzmint said...

ayoyoy...lucky can clean, or else sure ur blog hopping activity kena potong by pappy LOL

 
At Wed Jul 25, 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Jacss said...

hey tracy, this is really no joke! hope this will be a final lesson & no more.....heh !!

not to scare u but my sis in law huby did d same & d kitchen really caught fire!!

 
At Wed Jul 25, 10:36:00 AM, Blogger khongfamily said...

LOL...I also burnt my corningware before because of too syiok blog hopping. But you are really geng, can scrub the pot until lap lap ling. Mine still got stains.

 
At Wed Jul 25, 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Wah..so 'nga yin', be careful next time, and salute you the pot really 'lap lap ling' sure u had used all your 'ngau ma lek' hahahaa...
**why dont u cook in a slow cooker?

 
At Wed Jul 25, 12:20:00 PM, Blogger chanelwong said...

Wow, you clean up soo clean like nothing happen...
You got tag

 
At Thu Jul 26, 10:08:00 AM, Blogger huisia said...

wah, you are so super, could clean the pot like never burnt before!

 
At Thu Jul 26, 07:43:00 PM, Blogger laundryamah said...

ya wor how u managed to scrub until like new one geh>?

 
At Thu Jul 26, 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Angeleyes said...

Tracy... you very keng leh! You must be cooking with big fire coz normally when i boil soup with the smallest fire, I can let it boil for 2.5 hrs and I don't burn my pots.

 
At Thu Jul 26, 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Ginie
No worries, no worries. I always have this habit of checking everything before I go out of the house but dat day was an accident.

Jazz
Waiyo, luckily lor.

Jacss
No joke, no joke, really no joke. U think I'm not scared meh?

Khong family
Corningware wor? *heart pain* Oh dear, blog hopping really gets us into trouble hor?

Rachel
Aiyo, I really used my 'ngau lek' to scrub leh. I don't like to cook my food in slow cooker (not enough of 'foh hau'), dat's why the slow cooker's collecting cobwebs and dust now.

Chanel
The pot was burnt meh? Didn't look like it was burnt hor? (heehee)

Alamak, tagged again? Bagi saya masa okay?

Hui Sia
So clean hor? "Geng' leh? :)

Amah
Aiyo, u don't know leh. I've used so much "Metal Cleaner" from 'A" and my 'bull strength' to scrub and scrub and scrub but worth it.

Angeleyes
No lar, after boiling, I always use low fire but I was too engrossed blog hopping dat I forgot all about it.

 
At Fri Jul 27, 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Annie Q said...

Aiyo, tracy u must be more careful lo. Lucky is only "pot" kena burnt,if kitchen, than very "tai wok" lo. ;)

 
At Fri Jul 27, 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

wah, that pot look like a new one.... geng geng geng...

 
At Fri Jul 27, 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Annie
Aiyo, 'choi choi choi'. Really must be very careful lor.

Shannon
Haha, geng leh? Actually there's still a burnt part outside the pot which I scrub sampai tangan pun sakit pun cannot be removed. :(

 
At Sun Jul 29, 03:12:00 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Wow so clean and not a scratch, sure you didnt buy a new one? Next time use crock pot with timer...:P

 
At Wed Aug 08, 09:13:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Michelle
No no, of course dat's not a new one. I scrubbed and scrubbed with my left and right hands cos I really have to 'save' dat pot. Seldom use crock pot cos I find dat the taste of the food is not as good as cooked food from the stove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home