Tracy's Nest

Friday, April 13, 2007

New 'job' – full time SAHM

Full time SAHM (stay at home mom) ...... aarrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Full time SAHMs, don't 'shoot' me, okay? Mommies who are so eager to become full time SAHM, u better 'sam si', think twice, thrice .... and properly, clearly, first. Okay, unless u don't have to do office work from home.

As most of u oredi knew, my maid left me for good (not coming back anymore) and went back to Indonesia after her contract ended. Pappy decided not to employ a new maid for me. *duh* So, I'm left alone to take care of Des, do the washing, ironing, cleaning, mopping, scrubbing the toilets, cooking ..... in other words ...... the work of a full time maid! (now I know it's not easy being a maid). And I need TO DO OFFICE WORK AT HOME too! *sob sob sob* poor me. No worries, no worries, I'm still sane and kicking!
a
Waking up Des in the mornings is not an easy task, getting her to bed early is not an easy task, feeding her is not an easy task (she will take 'ages' to finish her food), getting her to do her homework is the most difficult task ...... sigh ...... She has homework almost every day and every day there will be either English, BM or Chinese writing. And she needs to prepare for reading and spelling tests too. She has reading every day, Ejaan every Tuesdays and 'ting xie' (Mandarin spelling). Who will be guiding her with all these? Of course ME lor, who else? ('kiasu and kiasi' mom?) One good thing is, I'm learning the Chinese writings with Des and she is teaching me. *clap clap clap*
a
Des loves to dilly dally in doing her homework. I came up with telling her if she finishes her homework fast, she can play after dat if not she will have no time to play. Sometimes I do reward her with something she likes.
a
Well, mommies with more than one kid might feel/say I'm hopeless, I can't even handle one kid (true, I'm hopeless with my kid whereas I can handle my frens' kids *duh*. Tell u hor, with more kids, they can play on their own and the elder ones (at least) can take care of the younger ones but with one kid, the kid will be very clingy and needs attention all the time.
a
My free time will be when Des goes to school but will be the time when I need to do the household chores and when she take her naps, I need to do my office work and prepare dinner. I can see dat my house is more 'spick and 'span' after my maid left (ahem) cos she will just leave things here and there and everywhere. Okay, u can call me 'yim chim' (fussy) but every day I have to sweep and mop the floor, clear the dinner and kitchen table, arrange Des's toys, VCDs, DVDs, books in their proper places, dust the TV, TV cabinet, Pappy's and my working table.
a
When my maid was around, the dinner and kitchen table will be full of 'things', Des's toys will be everywhere (some will be in the hall, in the storeroom, bedroom) and her books will be slotted in 'don't know where when Des needed them'. And especially my tupperware containers (FYI, I'm a tupperware crazy maniac), when I needed a container and when I opened my kitchen cabinet, my tupperware containers were like 'rojak' but NOW they are in their proper places (goodie goodie). I'm not trying to say my maid was not good, only dat sometimes still needed to be 'kicked' BUT she was very good at taking care of Des, honest and she didn't like to go out, very patient and loves Des very much for which I was most satisfied.
a
I hope I won't go bonkers one day (choi choi choi). I don't know what about the rest of the SAHM but I can tell WORKING moms, it is NOT EASY being a SAHM without any help from anyone else (maids, in-laws, relatives staying together and esp. our dear moms). Staying alone sometimes can be very frustrating esp. when u need help and when u are all alone at home with ur kid. What if suddenly (I do imagine) I fainted or fall sick or when I fall and cannot get up and my neighbours are not around (aiyo, touch wood, touch wood). I'm sure SAHM will agree with me, don't u? Mommies out there who has their dear moms or MILs (cough cough until choke? heehee) to help around are really blessed.
a
Pappy leh? This was what I commented in another 'yakkity yakkity' blog to Annie Q's post on "My Man"– 'After dinner, he will just sit on the sofa and starts reading his newspaper. BUT he will ask "Want me to help u wash the dishes ah?" Need to ask pulak?????!!!! I will tell him NO! Why? After he helps me wash, I need to 'chap kui keh sau mei' (clear all what he left) cos he will just leave the bowls, plates in another sink and leave the 'rubbish' in the sink for me to clear ..... sigh .....All he does is clean the ceiling fan which I don't ever touch and I'm not tall enough (with chair I cannot reach and we have no ladder) and he can't bear to see the dirt when he looks up.' But sometimes I need to understand dat he has lots of office work to take care of. If he doesn't grumble and allow me to grumble, I'll be most consoled (heehee). Any mommies out there wish dat u are still single? Hahahahaha!
a
The best part is dat I can spend my time with Des, to teach/guide her with her homework and see her 'growing' and progressing every day.

18 Comments:

At Fri Apr 13, 12:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

always pros and cons to everything...
but i envy the getting to spend time with the kiddo... :D

 
At Fri Apr 13, 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Jessie Woo said...

Tracy !! u r BACK !!

 
At Fri Apr 13, 02:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you get to spend more time with des ma...

 
At Fri Apr 13, 02:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to SAHM-hood. :)

 
At Fri Apr 13, 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Annie Q said...

ya..i know not easy to be SAHM!!I just be SAHM for one week plus i nearly go bonkers!

 
At Fri Apr 13, 05:45:00 PM, Blogger Sasha Tan said...

Tracy, my house very messy . can u pop by to help me abit? Hahahaha

 
At Fri Apr 13, 06:17:00 PM, Blogger LHS said...

no wonder you hiatus so long la..
man ar? always want us to do his leftover la..

 
At Fri Apr 13, 11:18:00 PM, Blogger etceteramommy said...

Not that horrible la.. Once you get used to it, I think you'll enjoy it pulak...

 
At Fri Apr 13, 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i for sure cannot be SAHM! can sei man!

 
At Sat Apr 14, 11:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also not SAHM material.. but I think if it that day really come, hope I can make the best of it like you're doing now!

 
At Sun Apr 15, 01:44:00 AM, Blogger 1+2mom said...

You'll be very happy to see your daughter improve when you working hard on her :)
And the time you spend with her as much as non SAHM.

 
At Sun Apr 15, 04:33:00 PM, Blogger jazzmint said...

i think u doing great lah..if me would have gone cuckoo long ago

 
At Mon Apr 16, 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Shannon
No need to envy, u'll have ur day.

Jessie
I'm still and always around but too busy with so much work as a SAHM and a part time office worker (heeheehee).

Dinah
True too dat I can spend more time with Des but oso can get high blood pressure easily looking after her ... sigh ...

Elaine
Haiyo, not easy being a SAHM leh.

Annie
I'll jump to the chance to be back in the office if I can but .... hard luck for the time being ....

Annie Q
Hahaha, I can imagine u taking care of ur twins.

Sasha
Can, can, u move to my next door lor. Hahaha.

Huisia
Ya lor, really so busy and I don't know how I spend my days but the days seem to past so fast as if I don't have enough time for so many other things. Not easy to find a man who'll finish off his 'leftovers' hor?

etcetera mommy
I hope so.

LaundryAmah
Haiyo, u 'lui keong yan', no need to be a SAHM lar.

Sue
If we are 'forced' to be, we have no choice.

1+2 mom
Ya ya, I'm really glad and consoled to see her progress in her school work, thanks to my hard work (ahem).

Jazz
No choice lor, going cuckoo oso have to hang on. Sometimes I do 'ngi ngi ngo ngo' dat I prefer to go back to the office to work but Pappy just turn a deaf ear ... *duh*

 
At Mon Apr 16, 09:59:00 PM, Blogger CL said...

Hi, first time drop by.

I am a SAHM. Quit my job cause of my baby. Taking care of her all by myself, w/o maid.

U will get used to it and start to enjoy it.

 
At Tue Apr 17, 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thing I like being a SAHM is that I can go shopping on weekdays in the day time. A lot of vacant carpark space, almost no need to queue. Enjoy!

 
At Tue Apr 17, 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Malaika's mummy
Hello, so nice of u to drop by.

Wow! U resigned from ur job to take care of Malaika? *salute salute*

It's oredi 1 1/2 mths and I'm still not enjoying. *sob sob sob*

Jessie
Too bad I don't drive and trasportation is not convenient, so, no shoppings during weekdays. *more sobs*

 
At Wed Apr 18, 01:55:00 PM, Blogger IMMomsDaughter said...

Wah so lucky *runs away from Tracy's broom*. Actually, I also wanna be SAHM one of these days but a bit scared also whether I can cope.

 
At Tue Apr 24, 05:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a choice! Lousy MIL that goes away a huge part of the year, my mom so far away and I don't trust maids...

Anyway, I'm still sane so I think you are doing great too! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home