Tracy's Nest

Friday, May 18, 2007

S'pore (Food)

Oopsie-daisie. When I read Michelle's blog only did I realise I still had this very very very back-dated post. I had it drafted but completely forgot about it. I must thanks Michelle for reminding me. The post was supposed to be posted after my Cruise and dat was supposed to be during the month of December last year *blek*.
a
Well, well, after the cruise, we disembark in Singapore, Vivo City. My SIL (BIL's wife) took us to have some food before leaving for her place. What caught our interest was this food court – FOOD REPUBLIC. There were so many food courts with all sorts of varieties.
a

Food Republic in Vivo City

I ordered this: Fried Mee
a
and this (my all time favourite and am sure to order whenever I visit S'pore)
a
Kuay Chap
a
BIL took us (without the kids and maids) to Chinatown for dinner and he wanted us to try the Fish Head Noodles there.
a
Holland Village XO Fish Head Bee Hun Restaurant
a
He helped us to order as we do not know what specialities they have in this shop and so we tried these:
a

Top Left: Fried Hor Fun with Sliced Fish Meat and Beansprout
Top Right: Spring Rolls
Bottom Left: Stir Fried Crocodile Meat with Ginger
and Spring Onions

Bottom Right: XO Sliced Fish Head Noodles


The Fish Head Noodles was simply deeeeliiiciiious. If u haven't try dat, I think u should and u won't regret. After dinner, we went street-shopping in Chinatown.
a

Chinatown
aa

This caught our interest while walking thru the streets:

Groundnuts with Tong Yuin tong shui
(slurp, slurp, slurp)
a
We went to another place called the People's Park and did some shopping there.
a
People's Park (obviously)
a
and took the MRT from Chinatown back to BIL's place.
a

MRT in Chinatown

What's this doing here?

Oh, (heehee) dat's my lunch (sort of 'fei kei charn') on the Aeroline bus.

3 Comments:

At Fri May 18, 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Jacss said...

tracy, looks like u've got nice food there or was it nice photos instead......hehehehe!

we didn't make it to chinatown during our recent visit there so we'll surely be there the next time!

and "thong yuen" is my favourite, i miss it & might make one in the week end !!!

 
At Fri May 18, 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

SLURPS...
now see what u've done? I feel hungry liao... and my saliva is oozing from my tongue... ISH... hahaha

 
At Sat May 19, 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Jacss
Aiyo, of course nice food lar. Ya ya, go go, go and try the food in Chinatown, they are simply deeeellliiiciious!

Shannon
Hahaha, sure slurp slurp slurp when looking at food hor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home